Closed to new replies
January 11, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 8

help me find it

:icondrawmeshel:
DrawMeShel Featured By Owner Jan 11, 2013
Im not that good in English but i hope u all understand me.

I have been rejecting the great feeling and ambition i have for art and too make it my job somehow.

The reason for this is cause i did not get much support to become a artist. And often i heard people telling me u cant live from being artist and people in my environment see it as a hobby.

But since i saw that u can do more with this talent.
Like make animations, short animated movies, which im crazy about.
But im 30 , and have no great skill developed in this.

Is it possible for me too change this and make money as a
designer?
And is there anyone with similar story.
How can i become a designer, like someone that makes animations.etc.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconhopelesspandora:
HopelessPandora Featured By Owner Jan 12, 2013  Student General Artist
Dedicate your time to reading books about drawing, anatomy, and perspective. Also try to find videos to watch as those can be quite helpful to visual learners. Then study the industry, find out what they like and try to imitate those drawing styles. As you get better, you will develop your own style. At that point, you can start building a portfolio. Keep in mind that this is an extremely long process and will take at least a few years, so don't be discouraged if it takes a while to improve. Just try your best.
DrawMeShel Featured By Owner Jan 11, 2013
how can i start?
:icontetchist:
Tetchist Featured By Owner Jan 11, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
spend ten years or so doing what friendly said. by the end of that you'll know whether it's possible or not.
:iconfriendlyhand:
FriendlyHand Featured By Owner Jan 11, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
LOL. It's true...

I think that people who earn a living from art have generally invested at least 5-10 years of preparation in one way or another.

People can make astounding progress in just a year or two if they become REALLY obsessed with art and apply themselves in the most productive ways, and give up all of their other hobbies and interests to focus on learning art, but the truth is that most people just want to be good at art without doing the work.
yup :la:
:iconfriendlyhand:
FriendlyHand Featured By Owner Jan 11, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
Take classes. Read tutorials, draw what you see in real life. Practice your butt off for thousands of hours, upload your work, ask for feedback in the deviation thumbshares forum. Use google searches and youtube. Study and work at it the same way you would work at anything you want to do well.

Earning a living with art generally requires at least a few years of VERY dedicated learning and some marketing ability.
DrawMeShel Featured By Owner Jan 12, 2013
thank u so much for our reply
it'll be harder due to lost time, but it's still possible.

try it and see.
Add a Comment: