Closed to new replies
January 9, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 8

Commisions

:icontsukubane:
Tsukubane Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013  Student Filmographer
How much should I charge for comissions? Should I do cash or points? Look at my gallery and tell me what you think.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconsky-c:
Sky-C Featured By Owner Jan 16, 2013  Student General Artist
$0.

I'd suggest brushing up your art skills before doing commissions.
:iconmisaera:
misaera Featured By Owner Jan 16, 2013  Student Digital Artist
"I was saying how much would you pay for a commision from me"

Me, I'd pay $0
:iconnelchee:
nelchee Featured By Owner Jan 16, 2013  Professional General Artist
I was saying how much would you pay for a commision from me.

The real question here is, would anyone even want you to draw something for them, let alone pay you money.
Honestly, I don't think you're ready to make commissions yet, you need to improve your skills first.
:iconbcpaintings:
bcpaintings Featured By Owner Jan 15, 2013
When you get out of school you cant live as a fulltime artist without charging enough to keep working. If you don't think your art is good enough to charge minimum wage close your eyes and trust what you see. I can tell you your art is worth $200 a day but you need to tell yourself that. Never let anybody tell you what your time is worth. Good luck and have fun
:iconstarlit-sorceress:
Starlit-Sorceress Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013  Professional Artisan Crafter
Decide how much you want to charge in cash first, and then convert to points if you decide to accept points.

I did a poll once about how many points people have available to spend, and it's not looking good for people who want more than a few cents for their point commissions.

My approach is to forget about points and just accept cash because for the most part, the people who aren't able to pay cash online also don't have very many points to spend.
Tsukubane Featured By Owner Jan 11, 2013  Student Filmographer
I was asking how much you personally would spend on something from me.
:iconjuturn-al:
Juturn-AL Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013  Professional General Artist
totally up to you. If you feel it deserves cash then take cash. If you feel it deserves points then take points. I have no say since I don't know much about anime or manga style drawings.
Tsukubane Featured By Owner Jan 11, 2013  Student Filmographer
I was saying how much would you pay for a commision from me
Add a Comment: