Closed to new replies
January 9, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 2

Any ideas?

:iconjayberri:
JayBerri Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013
I have been assigned a quilling piece on the theme of 'make believe'.
It must have those two words on the actual piece.

I was thinking of doing a night sky full of shooting stars. The make believe being the wishes you associate with the shooting stars.

Another idea was a rainbow with just lots of colourful swirls around the white writing. It's a pretty simple idea, with no real meaning behind it.

Another one I had thought up with my mum was fingers crossed. But I don't know if that would be doable with quilling, especially since its my first time.

So, what do you think? Which one sounds the best?

Also, what do YOU associate with 'make believe'? Something that I could use in my piece.

If you have any ideas as to what and how, and in which style I could do, I'd be extremely grateful!

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconfionacreates:
FionaCreates Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013  Professional General Artist
It comes down to

a) what you want to say about making believe
b) what will look best. Sometimes what looks 'good' in your head looks crap on paper so a few sketches wouldn't go awry
c) how obvious/literal you want to be. The quite obvious option is stars and wishes and magic and children dressing up in costume, then you can start to drift away into something more like film and TV make believe, 'grown up' acting. Or what about making believe in the sense of hiding something. Making believe everything is ok when we're falling apart inside. Or... well ideas just spill one over the other. First pick an idea, THEN start to think about it visually.

However what you have to remember is whatever you do it cannot possibly be "wrong" and it might come out "shit" but that's something you have to learn as a creative, what ideas work for you and what don't. I could say I hate idea X but idea Z is awesome because in my head I could do that one, but for you maybe idea X is better and you could make that one better. You just have to pick one and go with it full steam ahead!
:iconpandadrake:
Pandadrake Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013
Use your own imagination. Isn't that the point?
Add a Comment: