Deviant Login Shop
 Join deviantART for FREE Take the Tour

Details

Closed to new replies
January 9, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 14

What were you shooting for when you just started, and did you achieve it?

:icongagglygoo:
gagglygoo Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013
Read title.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconhopelesspandora:
HopelessPandora Featured By Owner Jan 12, 2013  Student General Artist
I wanted to know if my drawings were anything worth looking at. I have a small audience, but I have improved a lot over the years and have decided for myself that it's definitely worth it to share my drawings with the community, whether they are very good or not.
:iconmy-drawing-tutorials:
My-Drawing-Tutorials Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013  Professional Traditional Artist
My first goal when starting to learn draw was to create a big poster of a comic book character and hang it up on my wall. I didn't achieve that specific character (because I grew out of it) but I did learn to draw really big posters. So yeah, I guess it was a success.
:icongagglygoo:
gagglygoo Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013
He-he, first success story I guess?
:icondelphineapollo:
DelphineApollo Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013  Student Digital Artist
I wanted to mimic the styles of other people. I've been trying for 6 years almost 7 and I still have come no closer to it than the day I started.
:iconegypturnash:
egypturnash Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
When I was a kid I dreamt of being in animation and seeing my name up on the big screen at the end of a feature.

I worked in animation. I've even seen my name up on the big screen, albiet in the credits of a music video I worked on that was in a shorts compilation. Good enough.

These days I draw comics.
:iconfuee:
Fuee Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013   General Artist
I just wanted to draw. So I did. And I do.
:iconfionacreates:
FionaCreates Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013  Professional General Artist
My first goal was always to go to University to Study Art and the kind of fuzzy end goal was "be paid to draw shit"

I did make it to uni and it was great but then when uni came to an end it left me with a great big hole where the "what now" came.

It took me a further year to gain the skills and confidence to start freelancing and it's going alright so far ^^

In a way I wish I'd "known" earlier, but I think every person comes to a realisation when they're ready for it. My work when I graduated wasn't what it is now so maybe I needed that year to get where I am now :D
:icontylon:
Tylon Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013  Professional Artist
I wanted to be a professional designer, and I went to college for it- graduated with a 4 year degree, and feel in the end- I made a very big mistake majoring in what I did. There isn't a lot of work- I'm not taken seriously in the professional industry due to my degree- and I cannot find any work. So I guess I did achieve what I thought I wanted... but now that nobody seems to need it and I cannot find work, I have to look elsewhere and do something different. So now I sew and make crafts and work part time at a machine shop.
:iconnarutokunobessed:
narutokunobessed Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013  Student General Artist
Well one of my biggest goals is to start some kind of company that houses various artist.

But its a big dream and so I need to do it in small steps.

A smaller would be to grow more as a professional, and find out what I really want to do. Ive done some drawings and paintings that are out in the biz somewhere, and Im also getting more training at art school. Though I chosen illustration, I know that career wise it is pretty wide to what it means, but pretty narrow so I can concentrate on drawing basically.

Since my drawing is kind of published, you can sort of consider me as a professional artist.

Also in the biz, Im working with F.A.M.E., a new con that is going to happen in the bay area which require some drawings for them, and plus some of my art group, BAUU, needs a cover. There is also my friend, who wants to do a comic with me.
:iconglori305:
Glori305 Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013
Professional artist. Nope.
Add a Comment: