Closed to new replies
January 6, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 6

Need Advice

:icong-sketch:
G-Sketch Featured By Owner Jan 6, 2013  Student General Artist
I've been wondering on how to get more people to watch me on DA. I've been wanted to get more involved and do giveaways and have contests. I also would like to get my commission services out there.

I know I sound like an idiot for wanting to have people watch me. Some might argue that all I want is attention, and yea, I do. I won't hide the fact that I've been on DA 2 years and have 89 watchers and want more. But please don't get me wrong, I don't mean to be selfish, I really just want other people's attention. I want to host little giveaways and hold contests for those who feel like the big contests here on DA are out of their reach.

But enough about that, the reason I'm posting in there forum is because I want some advice on how to advertise better so I can get that larger audience.

I would very much appreciate any input and thank you for your time.

:iconsmilieplz:

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconadder-snakebite:
Adder-SnakeBite Featured By Owner Jan 6, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
If you want to attract more people to your page, you gotta get out there and interact with the community, post comments on other people's art, join contests, post art in groups and in the thumbshare forum, but above all keep drawing the things that you enjoy drawing.
G-Sketch Featured By Owner Jan 7, 2013  Student General Artist
I like that idea. I try to make time for that kind of stuff and I've met some wonderfully nice people. :D

Thank you for your time
:iconsmilieplz:
:iconadder-snakebite:
Adder-SnakeBite Featured By Owner Jan 8, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
No problem, and good luck!
:iconnarutokunobessed:
narutokunobessed Featured By Owner Jan 6, 2013  Student General Artist
FAQ #56: How can I get noticed on this site?

That and just really do stuff that people like. Your not going to gain an audience unless you repeatedly do something that people like to watch your page. I mean think about your favorite artists, and why you watch them in the first place? Because you like that style, and that artist.

Its also have to do sometimes with better art work too. See why that person gets a million views, while you only get a few view a day.
G-Sketch Featured By Owner Jan 6, 2013  Student General Artist
That's good advice, but there are instances where there are people with art that isn't as good as the artist I admire yet they have the same amount of views. (And I'm talking about a significant difference in skill.) Not that both those people don't deserve those views, but it shows that there has to be something more they just the quality of work.

That part about doing things that people like to see I guess could be like doing fan art? Idk. I don't really want to have to change what I draw just to try and attract more people. I want people to be attracted to my work for my originality. I guess I'm just not very good... which makes more sense. I'll just have to keep trying and hope to get something out of it this year.

Thank you for your time and input. :)
:iconnarutokunobessed:
narutokunobessed Featured By Owner Jan 7, 2013  Student General Artist
Most of the time, it should show, not to be at least sloppy. Although Of course it doesn't have to do totally with skills. Its just mostly what people really really like, which could be a horrendous drawing, or a good animation.

However, since your aiming originality, then you need to show that your orginal, and really good at being recognizable. I mean, go into your favorite author's shoes. Why do you recognize their style? Because they are memorable. I think in the community you just need to work with these pretty much. Offering promos, comissions, etc. ANd of course drawings. People won't care if you don't have drawings or something to entertain them or get them come back. Its kind of like when your changing channels, and then you just saw something amazing on TV.

One thing I also would try to do, is get some backgrounds in there. The white of the page can sometimes make it look incomplete.
Add a Comment: