Shop Mobile More Submit  Join Login

Details

Closed to new replies
January 6, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 0

Adding Music to Animation- What Works, and How?

:iconerisabesu-kuro-gosai:
erisabesu-kuro-gosai Featured By Owner Jan 6, 2013  Student General Artist
I was unsure and debated whether to put this in the music category but saw that it was in the "entertainment" portion of the forums...so I'm not sure if this is the right spot, but....

Recently I've been making an animation (sort of like an anime thing) and I've already done the storyboard and am working on actually animating it. I've played with the timing and feel I have a good enough sense of it to get the words relatively on time with the animation. My problem comes in where the music also comes in.

Here's the problem:

1. I'm not sure I know how to transition music from one song to the next, because all of the songs I've gotten on the internet that are free for commercial use (because hey, I might be able to sell my anime someday, who knows) just cut off at the end. Also, most of them seem to have no big parts in them where I would be able to put a big event in. They all seem to be even and repetitive through the whole thing, not a lot of crescendos.

2. I was also wondering what sounds good with different scenes and whatnot; as in, if I have a practical joke breakup scene (where the bf or gf pretends to breakup but its a joke or something idk), do I play sad music, and then comical music, or what?

3. And one more thing is, how do I time the music? I found a "bar sheet" for animation, but it looks like it's for composing music for scenes instead of timing a pre-made song to the animation.

If you could answer any or all of these, that would be great. If you only know one answer or just have some input, that would be great too!
Please help, thanks!

-Elizabeth

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

No comments have been added yet.

Add a Comment: