Closed to new replies
January 5, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 98

Drawing New Years Resolutions anyone?

:iconmayjackson:
MayJackson Featured By Owner Jan 5, 2013
Wondering if anyone else made drawing/painting/artisitc-improvement resolutions ^.^

I'd love to hear them! And how likely you think it is that you'll meet them - and your plan to achieve that!

Just curious ^.^

"I don't make resolutions"/"I set new goals for myself all year round" is probably not appropriate to this thread... just a friendly fyi! It's fine if you don't or want to set goals currently (that's actually great!) but that's not interesting to hear about xD

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconlilmissann:
lilmissann Featured By Owner Jan 20, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
To draw more frequently, a new drawing or sketch every week or two.
MayJackson Featured By Owner Jan 20, 2013
That's great :D And sound manageable. Best of luck!!
:iconlilmissann:
lilmissann Featured By Owner Jan 20, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Thank you!
:iconfinkgraphics:
finkgraphics Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
I made a new years resolution to draw a picture every day in hopes that it will improve my skill. 365 drawings. It has only been like 18 days and I can already see that it is going to be a challenge.
MayJackson Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013
Yeah! But you can do it :) If I can offer a bit of advice, it REALLY helps to allow that number to be an average - that way you haven't 'ruined' it if you miss a day :) Or even a week for that matter. It allows you to catch up on weekends and stuff if you need to! But do whatever you think will work for you ^.^
:icondamaimikaz:
DamaiMikaz Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Keeping up with my sketchdump project, in order to see my improvement in a clear way.
And ofcourse... improving!
Good for you ^.^ Sketchdump project - is that like a minimum number of sketches that you have yourself complete in a time frame? Or is that just making sure you upload everything you draw? Pretty gallery, btw :) Your progress is coming along nicely!
DamaiMikaz Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I force myself to make at least of sketches every month and upload them :)
By comparing progress every month, it's easier to see improvement
That's a good idea :) What do you do to improve, if you don't mind me asking? Do you study from photographs mostly, or references like posemaniacs? Or do you just keep drawing? Or learn from tutorials here on DA?
DamaiMikaz Featured By Owner Jan 18, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Well... first of all... I'm pretty limited in drawing time. I have a physical disability which causes this. So when I practice, the most important thing for me, is that I maintain fun in drawing. I do this by drawing stuff purely for myself (so no requests and fanart). I don't have subjects that I really force myself to draw. I tend to combine things I like with things I want to learn.

The things I like to draw are mainly character and settings from the story I write. But this is a very wide settings, so it includes a lot. When I want to practice the male figure (or anatomy, in general) I use one of my male characters to do so. Same goes for female characters and surroundings. I do look at a lot of references to get the poses right, but I just give it my own twist. By doing so, I hope to get closer to the original character designs eventually. The ones that are in my head. And when doing so, I hope to become awfully good at drawing :D
Add a Comment: