Closed to new replies
January 5, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 15

Have you sold art?

:iconsky-c:
Sky-C Featured By Owner Jan 5, 2013  Student General Artist
If so, how much did you sell it for? (Including commissions, not just people seeing your art and buying it).

Just curious.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconbustermaximus:
bustermaximus Featured By Owner Jan 6, 2013
I sell work from $5 to $500. My average range is $50-$100 for drawings, prints, and small paintings.
:iconadder-snakebite:
Adder-SnakeBite Featured By Owner Jan 6, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
I've not sold art nor done commissions for actual cash, but I have done a couple of point commissions. I charge 100-1000 points for digital, and if I decide to do traditional commissions I've set my prices to 100-2000 points.
:iconmadalync:
MadalynC Featured By Owner Jan 6, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
I have sold around 50 commissions. The prices were $5-$20.
:iconfuee:
Fuee Featured By Owner Jan 5, 2013   General Artist
Mostly tattoo designs for somewhere around $20-$150, depending.
:iconglori305:
Glori305 Featured By Owner Jan 5, 2013
Have sold art for $3 (set of 3 beads) up to $120 (finished necklace) And a range inbetween.
:iconclaralieu:
claralieu Featured By Owner Jan 5, 2013  Professional Traditional Artist
I've sold drawings and prints on my Etsy shop [link], generally from $15-$60. I've also done some portrait commissions that were in the $1k-$3k range.
:iconcrimson-ch3rry:
Crimson-Ch3rry Featured By Owner Jan 5, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
I have a few sold but not on deviantart,I'm not very sure people would be interested,and 35$ was highest price.
:iconmikesblender:
mikesblender Featured By Owner Jan 5, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
I sell my paintings based on size, and they're anywhere from $150 to $600. I've sold around 30-40 total, mostly sales from galleries and artshows, though there have been 5 or 6 commissions as well.
:iconcinderblockstudios:
CinderBlockStudios Featured By Owner Jan 5, 2013  Professional Traditional Artist
Most stuff is in a $50-100 range. I did make a $150 last year though.
:iconpuppy-dangerous:
puppy-dangerous Featured By Owner Jan 5, 2013  Professional Artisan Crafter
Yep.

For digital art-

Hm, payment depends on the job. Usually do jobs for around $30-$60 and I don't do super involved art, that's for simple color or lineart. I don't generally take commissions for nice super pretty digital paintings but the lowest I could go on one of those would probably be more around $150 unless I just really liked the subject and wanted to see it done.

Not that I don't kick out a $5-$10 job once in a while. I'm more likely to take those as point commissions so I can do a paid membership here.

I haven't tried to sell any of my sculpture and stuff, I don't even know what I'd start pricing that at. Maybe lowest would be $25, but again, talking more in the $150 and up range just because of time involved, and I'm rather attached to them so it really needs to be worth it for me to part with them.

Then glass (which I don't currently have any pictures posted of) for that the general price range right now would be $10-35 because I'm just getting started again and not doing anything big or involved. That's prices for paperweights and up to drinking glasses and ornaments (that I'm not making again yet).

When I was doing fused glass (sold all that, so no pictures) average price was about $35 for little ornaments and $150-250 for bigger or more involved pieces.
Add a Comment: