Closed to new replies
January 4, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 3

Da Help please?

:iconartistiwillbecome:
Artistiwillbecome Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013
Hey Da how do animators or cartoonist draw their structured drawings of cartoons or figure drawings? How do they draw their cubes do they use perspective when their drawing cartoons. like rulers and all that stuff. how do they make the cubes or forms look right. Also is their any books that can solve this problem for me. Because i want to become a animator in the future.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconartistiwillbecome:
Artistiwillbecome Featured By Owner Jan 5, 2013
So how does it work with figure drawing.because I'm trying to get better at drawing the figure how do you draw the cube at all those different angles or positions?
:iconpuppy-dangerous:
puppy-dangerous Featured By Owner Jan 5, 2013  Professional Artisan Crafter
Maybe?

Lots of stuff is done on the computer, so rulers aren't really so common. Maybe the line tool.

As you get better, you start being able to eyeball your vanishing points and stuff so you don't need to put all those lines in there. But until you CAN you need to. Don't NOT use them just because advanced artists don't. It won't make you good, it will make you bad. You can't skip steps :)

For books, anything about animation. I like Chris Hart personally. Disney also has at least one really good animation book.
:iconjericawinters:
JericaWinters Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013
I usually draw foreground figures first and then add in a background; sometimes I draw the grid first and then place the characters inside it. There are plenty of books about animation. Amazon.com shows reviews and ratings.
Add a Comment: