Shop More Submit  Join Login

Details

Closed to new replies
January 4, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 24

Why are the Normal deviations getting it to the homepage instead of the Great Deviaitions?

:iconmohamadkaaki:
MohamadKaaki Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013
Hey guys I noticed since a while, that the normal (I dont want to say ugly or bad coz i know they are working hard on their work) .. are in the homepage!!!!
I think they should put the great art, there are a lot of nice amazing art there that are not getting recognition... and I think this site is mostly to get recognitions and help from others :)
What do u think?!

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconkrissygalaxis:
krissygalaxis Featured By Owner Jan 5, 2013  Student General Artist
Front page is determined by popularity. Unless you have it set to show "newest" Then it will show the most recent works being uploaded.

Also what you might consider "great" art isn't always going to be what everyone else considers great art.
:iconpuppy-dangerous:
puppy-dangerous Featured By Owner Jan 5, 2013  Professional Artisan Crafter
Front page art is determined by popularity. So...it's what the people who care to vote (:+fav:) have decided to put up there.

Find great art and spread it around with features and stuff. The more people that like it, the more popular it is, and it gets on the front page.
:iconhawkbit:
Hawkbit Featured By Owner Jan 5, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Itīs because some things are popular and some not. You have better chances to become popular if you draw popular things. And on the other hand some artists just know how ton promote themselves. Some way like justin Bieber His Music is the greatest shit you can imagine and thereīs nothing special about this boy but his manager knows how to promote him and so all the world knows him. The same with some artits here. I wouldnīt take popularity too serious ;)
MohamadKaaki Featured By Owner Jan 5, 2013
Some people don't care about popularity, and I think most TRUE artist with great voices don't care about popularity as much as their art!
but at the same time popularity is important if you like to show the people who u are and to show them ur work!!
it really depends on the person himself, some people like to be popular and to show their art, and others don't like that!
for me I really like to show people my art and to be popular in my major :)
:iconhawkbit:
Hawkbit Featured By Owner Jan 5, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
I care too. But I know that I have to work to get appreciation and If Iīm lazy commending on others works and so on, no one will see my works.
DA is to big to find out the best works of a day and of course it depends on the viewer too.
Sure! One should work hard to get the attention indeed, especially between this huge amount of other good artist that we compete with!
:iconbergholtz:
Bergholtz Featured By Owner Jan 5, 2013  Professional General Artist
I don't think that the art in the popular page usually is that great. I got it set on newest because even if there are a ton of crap you can pick up some real gems that will never make it to the popular page.
Yeah well it depends!
thats what I was saying, some people got a really good talent but never make it to the popular pages or never get the recognition... but at the same time I think they should work harder to get the recognition like posting on the forum or telling their friends and advertising their art :)
:iconbergholtz:
Bergholtz Featured By Owner Jan 5, 2013  Professional General Artist
Not everybody thinks that it is all that important to get recognition on the internet for their art you know. Many professional artist has a page on Deviant simply because it is free and requires little effort. They will promote their work mainly on other places.

Some subject matters and art styles are simply more popular here than others. Talent and quality of art is not always the most important factor. Popularity around here revolves around fads and trends and how many social connections you collect. That's not saying that many of the popular artists doesn't produce lovely art. Many do but many would never get any recognition in a wider perspective. Because quite frankly the vast majority of people browsing Deviant Art is unable to tell the difference between a word class artist and one with only average skills as long as that artist is making something that they like. And if an artist is making something that they don't like the general attitude is that that art has to be bad and of lesser quality than the art that they do like.
True, I think it depends on the person himself :)
Add a Comment: