Closed to new replies
January 2, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 37

Any tips on how to be more creative?

:iconfirewario:
FireWario Jan 2, 2013  Student Traditional Artist
I wanna know some tips and tricks to help me be more creative/inventive with OC's, backgrounds, fanarts etc. I mean with me, the passion and potential to create a character or go all out on a background takes its own sweet time to unveil itself to me, but I want to know how I can free-hand more on a regular basis. What do you do so you can create characters and scenaries occasionally or on a regular routine?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:icondraze:
draze Jan 7, 2013   Traditional Artist
stop being uncreative. and stop making OCs.
:iconmack127:
Mack127 Jan 6, 2013
Find out what you really really love or things you think are beautiful or cool. Like things in real life. Just look for things you normally would ignore. When you get a bit of inspiration foster it and channel it to your art. Also breaking up your daily routine and just doing something different! Exercise really helps me to feel inspired.
FireWario Jan 6, 2013  Student Traditional Artist
I love dragons, want to travel, and meet new people. So, should I notice things like lizards, places in my hometown I take for granted, and people I see from time and time again? Like right now, I'm doing a work of romantic couples with characters from a show, but I'm giving them a more refined look, and letting them gaze into their eyes on a sofa. I was inspired only due to seeing couples and the way they are with each other. Am I on the right track?
:iconmack127:
Mack127 Jan 6, 2013
Sure! That sounds like a good track! Just follow whatever catches your eye. You see something cool catalogue it for later. And just keep it fresh. Listen to new music, watch new movies, wear new clothes idk. New stuff just inspires me and breaks me out of a creative slump. Also try new types of art.
:iconxtinyheartx:
xtinyheartx Jan 6, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
bring a art book with you everywhere and always draw when you are bored. This works for me. Listen to music as you draw and try painting feelings xD i know that sounds weird but music is very inspirational. My art teacher would sometimes let us choose music and let us do work as we listened : )
I've got the music part down. When I work in my pad, I always have my music at max volume. But painting feelings would be new.
are you more familiar with pad drawing or paper drawing?

I find myself a lot better with drawing on paper. Pads drawing is new to me. So sometimes i would draw on paper first then transfer it into a digital copy to trace over.
Yes, I use a sketch pad. I'm a traditional artist who uses paper, pencils, colored pencils and ink pens. I've just been trying to find ways on how I can be more creative, making works that come from me like a character of my own creation or a new location. Just something I can say I made up from scratch.
ah i see ...well i was just saying that because it helps me to be more creative at least ^_^

i want to be able to say i came up with that from scratch too :)
Don't worry. To each their own, but I guess I need to see how I can bring out that talent to be creative and work from imagination more. Like right now, I create my own stuff roughly 15-35% of the time, but wanna jump that to at least 50%. I love what I do riight now, but I wanna take in what others want to see like my mentor.
Add a Comment: