Closed to new replies
January 2, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 31

Where does nudity begin?

:iconfour-skulls:
Four-Skulls Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I dunno, I always figured the line between nude/non-nude was easy to figure out, but then I submitted this piece to a group:

[link]

And was told by the mod to resubmit it under "mature" because it contained nudity. Even though there isn't any nipples/naughty-bits. I dunno, what do you guys think?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconcinderblockstudios:
CinderBlockStudios Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013  Professional Traditional Artist
where clothing ends
:iconpuppy-dangerous:
puppy-dangerous Featured By Owner Jan 3, 2013  Professional Artisan Crafter
Nude means naked.

Nudity means contains nude things.

But groups get to set what they decide is reasonable.
:iconmaxspider72:
maxspider72 Featured By Owner Jan 3, 2013   Traditional Artist
I don't see that as being nudity, but I could see how the mod would call it mature. It seems to me it could go both ways.

Ultimately, its the mod's decision. It up to you where to go from there. You can accept it and move on or try a different group. I've had pieces turned down by groups before too. Some decisions I accepted, but a couple groups I left after several rejections, because I realized we weren't going to see eye to eye.

By the way, it's a really nice piece! Great job! :spidey:
Four-Skulls Featured By Owner Jan 3, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Thanks! I've also left smaller groups after several rejections, but this is a large group. While they're a bit slow on accepting deviations, I haven't really had a problem with them until now.
:iconianmcallister:
IanMcAllister Featured By Owner Jan 3, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
From my point of view,
nudity starts where your imagination is not required.

Today you can see more boops and backs im prime time
TV advertising than ever. In opposite to this circumstance,
the posted girl is really good dressed up.

lg
:iconfirstxaidxkit:
FIRSTxAIDxKIT Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013  Professional Interface Designer
Boops :lol:
:iconkafine:
kafine Featured By Owner Jan 3, 2013   General Artist
I can see why they categorised it as nudity, regardless of how "there are some things stuck to her body" may not make her literally naked.

1. Her veils are transparent, and it seems like you would be able to see the nipples and genitalia had you chosen to draw them in a more detailed style. I can see her blank crotch through her veil, which means her veil is not covering her nudity... If someone has no genitalia, is it impossible for them to be naked? Of course not.

2: Her outfit is clearly not designed for everyday purposes, it looks like she is a participant in some sort of burlesque show. There is no reason for her garments to be so scanty other than to display her nudity as much as possible. So you can't really complain when people notice that.

It strikes me as the sort of thing people do in a deliberate attempt to sneak nudity past censors. Not that I have any paticular problem with nudity, burlesque, or pinups. I'm all for these things. Just call a spade a spade.

I also actually like the character design, but I think you should make a decision one way or the other about whether she's going to be naked or not. The stick-on veils look a bit odd, like an awkward half-measure. If it's not important for her to be naked then you could easily rig her up a more substantial set of lingerie without detracting from the design.
:iconnarutokunobessed:
narutokunobessed Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013  Student General Artist
FAQ #220: What is Mature Content?

According to deviant art, that isn't nudity. Its not revealing the genitalias.
Four-Skulls Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Sucks that I can't get it overturned on that basis. I guess groups have their right to interpret that clause as they see fit.
:iconnarutokunobessed:
narutokunobessed Featured By Owner Jan 3, 2013  Student General Artist
And think about it, its about the same as women wearing bikini's in public, is that nudity?
Add a Comment: