Closed to new replies
January 2, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 42

Will I ever improve??

:iconlove-3n:
LoVe-3N Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013  Student General Artist
I have been on this site for 4 months, and I am 16. (well 15 and 11 months)

I just want to know, seeing so many AMAZING artists out there, can I ever get to their standards, or even higher, with my skills??

Thank you!!

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconmattcombsart:
MattCombsArt Featured By Owner Jan 3, 2013
art just takes time to get good. theirs no shortcuts to it, it takes forever basically.TO get better you have to do a drawing, find where your lacking and then focus on those areas to get better..... im 28 ive been doing this all my life it wasnt till i was in my 20s that i actually thought i was getting good.

I look at it this way all the artist that i think their work is really good, they are like in their 30s and older. SO it takes a lot of time to get to that point.

just have fun with drawing, then in time youll get better. Just have to keep hacking away at it .
:icontetchist:
Tetchist Featured By Owner Jan 3, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
no, you will never improve. everyone stops improving at 16 and, well, it looks like you've only got a month left.

sorry bro.
:iconinnocentfate:
Innocentfate Featured By Owner Jan 3, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
:damphyr:Everyone improves overtime, but it requires full determination and practice.
:iconnarutokunobessed:
narutokunobessed Featured By Owner Jan 3, 2013  Student General Artist
Don't count your days. Just keep doing it.

And yes, its important to have some fundamentals (color, anatomy, perspective), so its less guess work and more confidence on what you want.
:iconacjub:
acjub Featured By Owner Jan 3, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Judging from you gallery; it's anime/cartoon art you are interested in?
I would recommend you study some anatomy. Try drawing realistic bodies and learn from that. Once you have mastered real anatomy you can start applying it to your cartoons. It is very important to understand the basics, such as proportions, light and perspective.
Do this and you will get a long way :D
:iconsoriyns-knight:
Soriyns-Knight Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013  Student General Artist
If you keep at it and don't get discouraged or scared, you will be able to.
LoVe-3N Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013  Student General Artist
Thank you! :iconcryforeverplz:
:iconsoriyns-knight:
Soriyns-Knight Featured By Owner Jan 3, 2013  Student General Artist
No need for tears :icontissueplz:
LoVe-3N Featured By Owner Jan 3, 2013  Student General Artist
:'D
:iconshinjistar:
shinjistar Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
of course practice, as you should know by now, is important, but i think patience is too...you can't expect to improve within a week or two...maybe you might not even show that much improvement over the period of 1~2 months! so don't expect to see results right away...but as long as you keep drawing, and if you keep working hard, you will see results gradually....you yourself might not see it, but i'm sure if you showed it to another person, they'd be able to see it immediately :)

also, don't be afraid of your drawings not turning out perfect...sometimes i tend to quit a drawing if it isn't turning out to be as nice as i would like it to be, but it's not the right thing to do...honestly you should continue the drawing, regardless of whether it's up to your standard or not...you can't always produce things that on par or exceed your best works, you know :XD:
Add a Comment: