Closed to new replies
January 1, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 40

Indirect skill boosting

:iconrabbit-eye:
Rabbit-EYE Featured By Owner Jan 1, 2013
Okie-dokie. Here's my idea. Are there any ways to increase one's drawing abilities through non-drawing activities? Drawing requires great hand-to-eye coordination, for one. SO- what would one do to level-grind their Hand-to-Eye co-ordination, then? You see where I am going with this. Any suggestions?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconblue-like-the-sky:
Blue-like-the-Sky Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013  Student Traditional Artist
Well origami folding helped me with being more precise, patient and detail oriented :)
:icondamaimikaz:
DamaiMikaz Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Hmm... I have an injury which makes me unable to draw a lot.
In order to train at least my brain in seeing and remembering stuff, I read a lot of art books and tutorials on art/anatomy/perspective/color theory. So I can use the limited time that I can draw to do actually something useful. It's another way of approaching art, by analyzing art and training insight, and it takes considerable self discipline, but for me it does the trick. I even improved in the times that I couldn't draw.
:iconmunkiic:
MunkiiC Featured By Owner Jan 1, 2013  Student Digital Artist
Studies show that even when you stop physically practicing something, your brain continues to practice. I have heard that if u force yourself to keep going, it actually hurts more than helps. Take a break, u will be rusty but after u dust off the cobwebs u will notice u are sharper than ever! Works for me every time:)
Rabbit-EYE Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013
I guess.
Nice icon, btw.
:)
MunkiiC Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013  Student Digital Artist
thanks.
No prob.
Tell me if you find the article.
:)
MunkiiC Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013  Student Digital Artist
[link]

muscle memory! its alot to read through, but its interesting.
Thanks, man. Here, have this-
[link]
:iconmattcombsart:
MattCombsArt Featured By Owner Jan 1, 2013
ya when im not physically drawing, im still drawing and painting in my mind lol.
:iconhurricaneclaw:
Hurricaneclaw Featured By Owner Jan 1, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Circle your left hand clockwise, your right hand counterclockwise (while snapping), tap your left toe to the rhythm of the Canadian anthem, and bounce in your seat in intervals sixteen.
Add a Comment: