Closed to new replies
January 1, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 32

A Support Group Outside of Deviant Art?

:iconsketch0469:
Sketch0469 Jan 1, 2013  Professional General Artist
I haven't been having much success with deviant art. I don't know if it's my art in general, or i am tagging everything wrong. I don't know. But i do ok on Facebook. Mostly because most that support me or oblivious to Deviant Art or are more familiar/comfortable with Facebook. But the main issue is this, i have learned over the years that an artist is only as good as his reputation. Regardless how talented i am, if no one knows about me, it simply doesn't matter. I am looking for like minded people that would like to support each other outside of Deviant Art by joining/subscribing/liking each others Facebook pages. We can share fans and art on each others page. I am not big on Facebook groups however. Simply fan pages.

P.S. sorry if i posted this in the wrong thread. I never use forums. :/

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconweremole:
weremole Jan 1, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
The problem I have with Facebook is that only logged in FB users can see your stuff and it's even harder to get people to follow you since you personally have to approve people.

I don't see an online presence being in just one place though. There are lots of people on the internet.
You can see myself without being a member and i don't have to approve anyone. But mine is a fan page. Not a group. So that might be the difference.
:iconweremole:
weremole Jan 1, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
Oh. Well, I've never figured out Facebook. Weird its called "fan page" though. It would feel weird starting one for yourself.
i think it's called something else now. I think they changed it from fan page to simply just "page". Mostly for that reason i would assume. But i started it to show off my art and to see how many followers i could get. Then that turned into a business. Then that turned into me pulling my hair out. Which turned into me to stop drawing for others and just do it for fun. But still....i like to see my likes go up. Makes me feel special ha ha
:iconclaralieu:
claralieu Jan 1, 2013  Professional Traditional Artist
My Facebook page is [link], check it out!
Your page has been liked my friend. :)
Thank you!
Your welcome. Please check out my work. Tell me what you think. I like your work. I have never seen anything like it before. Very unique. Where did you learn to do all of that?
Thank for the comments on my work! Can you tell me a little bit more about what you're aspiring towards with your work to provide me a little more context to critique it?

If you want to know more about my background, this page has a number of interviews I've done in the past. [link]
Honestly..i just learned how to draw a few years ago. Learned from some books at Barnes and Noble. At first it was just for a hobby. Then it turned into a bit of attention seeking. I liked the recognition i got for it. Then that turned into making money. And then i lost my love for it. So i went on a break for awhile and just recently started back up. Not drawing for people anymore. Just myself. Wanting to love art again. I am struggling to find my own style. I am also struggling to figure out if i am mediocre or at least above average. I know i am not any where near professional yet. one day...one day
Add a Comment: