Shop More Submit  Join Login

Details

Closed to new replies
December 31, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 12

Where to find a whole lot of "Standing Pose" References (Manga Style)

:iconruuku-kabe:
Ruuku-Kabe Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Anybody know? Found what I can on dA, and need some more. Just trying to get as many refs as possible. ^_^

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconslave2karma:
Slave2Karma Featured By Owner Jan 1, 2013
It's much better to use real life or photographs for your references than drawings, trust me. I learned this much too late and basically had to relearn everything I thought I knew about drawing peeps. Don't make the same mistake I did, it set me back a good number of years on my artistic development. :iconfinallyplz:

If you need macho chiseled folks, google image 'male models' and use them for refs. ^_^
:iconkrissygalaxis:
krissygalaxis Featured By Owner Jan 1, 2013  Student General Artist
I don't know what you mean by "manga style" but I use: [link]

I dunno if you use tumblr, but there is a lot there for good reference.
:iconweremole:
weremole Featured By Owner Jan 1, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
Go look at people. Humans stand a lot and cartoons are based on reality as well.
Ruuku-Kabe Featured By Owner Jan 1, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Indeed. Like I said to another comment, it's hard for me to apply really curvy human anatomy to my very sharp and chiseled characters. Lol. But I'm working on it. I probably need to use human anatomy more than I use manga style. XP
:iconweremole:
weremole Featured By Owner Jan 1, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
All kinds of cartooning builds on things learned from real life so, yeah.
:icondraumstafur:
draumstafur Featured By Owner Jan 1, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
I say the best thing you can do is find realistic standing poses an adapt those to manga. It will be more accurate and anatomically correct if you inspire yourself from real life and adapt it to the manga style.
I do try to use real life poses, but considering my male manga characters (which is what I'm working on atm) are usually very sharp and chiseled, it gets confusing when looking at normal human anatomy because of all the curves. XP
But I'll work on that. Thank you! ^_^
:iconnapalmshell:
napalmshell Featured By Owner Jan 1, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
go to danbooru and use character_sheet search tag
Aside from the nudity perversing these pure eyes XP.... Wow!!! These are awesome! Thank you oh so much! XD
:iconschnitty:
Schnitty Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012  Hobbyist
Have you tried posemaniacs.com? It's not manga, but you can still use the poses for what you want.
Add a Comment: