Deviant Login Shop  Join deviantART for FREE Take the Tour

Details

Closed to new replies
December 31, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 10

Why is one deviation drawn in the same way as an other one more famous?

:iconfalcfire:
Falcfire Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012  Student General Artist
I've been thinking about my deviations lately and noticed something I had to wonder about:

One of my deviations "da snake" got way more comments than an other deviation "random worm" even though that they are basicly drawn the same way.

So, why is the one more 'likable' than the other?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconmondu:
mondu Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012
Animation catches the eye.

I have two pictures of the same subject. One is animated, one is not. The animated one has 100x more views and faves.
:iconchrismunro:
chrismunro Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012  Professional Traditional Artist
One's older than the other, so that's part of it. DA has lost some of its crowd lately, so that's part of it. And sometimes people are just random. I've got stuff I spent hours working on that got few views while stuff I threw together got crazy faves. And then I've seen something that looks like what I'd draw get tons of faves while my own work gets next to no views. It's all very random.
:iconmadoldhag:
MadOldHag Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
The first one is animated, maybe that makes it more interesting?
I've been thinking about that too, but it seems like that isn't what makes it more interessting. By the time I drew da snake I did a plenty of 2-frame animated pictures that didn't get that much attention...
Tell me. I still wonder why a crappy muro scribble of mine got more favorites than a highly detailed flat color drawing ... I think that we will have to accept that there are some things we'll never truly understand. :shrug:
I know that feel o_o
I don't care for popularity, I prefer to draw, paint and write what I want to draw, paint or write. Still, sometimes I wonder ... it also is hard to improve when your worst crap gets more attention than the pieces you worked really hard at.
:iconkatara-alchemist:
Katara-Alchemist Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012  Student General Artist
It's not necessarily likeablity, it's just how much it gets noticed. Once something gets faved it's in the favorites of that person and thus in two places on the site where it can be seen, while if the other deviation doesn't get faved it's only in one place and thus has less chance of being noticed.
Oh, so that's why people try to get many faves. I always thought they were pretty much worthless ._.
:iconkatara-alchemist:
Katara-Alchemist Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012  Student General Artist
It all depends on perspective I guess.
Add a Comment: