Deviant Login Shop  Join deviantART for FREE Take the Tour

Details

Closed to new replies
December 31, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 107

Why do people have to hate on you for things?

:iconalzang676:
alzang676 Dec 31, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I draw huge boobs, I know people might not like that, but I wish people wouldn't hate on me for it. I have crappy skill, I know that, but can you at least hate on people that have like a million plus views or 1000 plus watchers.

I've been on this site for a good 8 years now and I have about 2k pageviews and about 10 watchers. I know I'm terrible and I'm trying to get better, but you getting mad at someone who can't draw well is just stupid. It'd be like someone expecting you to win a basketball game on his own against an NBA team.

I don't mind critique, that's fine, although I'm not good, so any critique beyond "Practice more/ learn anatomy" isn't going to help.

Wasn't sure where to post this though, so move it if need be.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconjazzlizard:
JazzLizard Jan 8, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
Well, I think some people might hate on you because it seems like the main focus of your drawings are the breasts. Many of my characters are very well endowed, but that's just one small element in the overall image. Try adding some more character to your characters, maybe tone it back a bit into the realm of believability. Maybe focus more on anatomy, get their basic forms down, then play around with their bust sizes. You'll appeal to a greater audience and people who think "big boobs are bad!" will leave you alone.
:icon1sidedownand2up:
1sidedownand2up Jan 7, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
It would help if you toned down the breast sizes in your work, I see that you draw in a cartoon style but its still possible to go too far and over exaggerate things. If anything breasts the size of space hoppers deforms your subjects to the point it disturbs people in the same way a zombie would by being human yet having something not so human about them.

Also like some have already mentioned, learn human anatomy and realism, it opens so many doors. Its how I started doing anthros.

Try and add more detail and maybe some well added colours (not bucket filled), that way your art will more attention. If you only have a mouse then get something free like GIMP (or photoshop if you have the money) and use the paths tool to make paths then stroke them.

If you want more pageviews and watchers do quality over quantity with your art. Also interact with the community more, most of my views come from being on the forum a lot.
:icondfx4509b:
DFX4509B Jan 5, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
There's going to be haters in your life, no way to avoid them, so the best thing to do is to just ignore the haters.
:iconmikesblender:
mikesblender Jan 3, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Lot of comments here, so I'm not sure if someone said this already or not. Stop using a mouse to draw! Try pencils and paper first, then when you're ready, move to a tablet (if you want to do digital stuff).
alzang676 Jan 3, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
yeah, its been said already.
i have no paper though, i don't really write things down anymore that isn't sticky notes and I don't print anything.
:iconcrimsonmagpie:
CrimsonMagpie Jan 4, 2013  Professional Traditional Artist
Having no paper is no excuse; just buy some, it's incredibly cheap. 
alzang676 Jan 4, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Didn't say I wasn't getting any, did I?
It's just I have none ON HAND at the moment...
CrimsonMagpie Jan 4, 2013  Professional Traditional Artist
So you've not had any on hand since joining dA?
alzang676 Jan 4, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I only looked at art my first bunch of years on DA.
I drew a bit between 2004-2006, but other than that I just restarted drawing again in late 2011. I had a drawing pad before, but water damage ruined it.
(an example of my old art [link] )

I got rid of my printer because I was never using it.
CrimsonMagpie Jan 5, 2013  Professional Traditional Artist
You don't need anything fancy for art, especially when practicing, just a positive and constructive attitude, and some basic materials like printer/office paper and a biro, pencil and rubber. A printer isn't needed, but a scanner us useful if you plan on sharing your work.

The most important thing if you want to get better is to concentrate on actually practicing instead of using art as a simple fantasy fulfillment vehicle.
Add a Comment: