Closed to new replies
December 30, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 4

Drawing figures in perspective?

:iconsodayaka:
Sodayaka Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012  Student Digital Artist
I'm lost at how to put multiple figures in one frame besides having them side by side at the center.
Any tutorials on this?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconpyxelle-art:
Pyxelle-art Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012
(I believe these are out of print, and the author has since passed away)
This book called "Successful Drawing" is by Andrew Loomis, and it discusses this very issue in... well, boggling detail. It starts talking about figures at page 67
[link]

It's a bit dense, and harder to consume than a tutorial, but highly informative. Knowledge of general perspective is obviously required (The books is chocked full of perspective instruction!)

"Figure Drawing for All It's Worth", by the same author, also goes into this topic in a more elementary fashion, beginning on page 34. There is an amusing series of drawings on page 35 dealing with placing characters within a scene.
[link]
Thank you! I actually have these books on my computer, but I downloaded them in a set and never got to them~ omg you're a live saver!
:iconpyxelle-art:
Pyxelle-art Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012
Awesome :D Glad I happened to remember what was in them, it's been too long since I actually sat down and went through them XD
Honestly, it's been much too long since I've studied from him~ time to get down to business!
Add a Comment: