Closed to new replies
December 29, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 15

What Do?

:iconaurtur:
AURTUR Featured By Owner Dec 29, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Long and short of it? I haven't had any inspiration to really draw anything lately and in my doodles, I'm getting better, but I never really -draw- anything because I can never think of anything to draw...basically, can some people who're bored or over-flowing with ideas pass something on? I'd like to get back into my sketchbook and I feel like the only way I'm gonna get any inspiration back is with some help....

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconnonecansee:
nonecansee Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012  Hobbyist
That's okay :)

I get that sometimes too. I want to draw stuff but I'm not inspired to do anything more than conceptualize.

Don't do art then :D Stop thinking about doing and do something else. You'll be hit by the creativity bug soon. Read books, watch tv, watch movies, bike around, listen to new music, etc. OR get some R&R in a far away place that isn't your city or your house or your room, haha (like go hiking, take a walk, go to the mall). I find that these help to shake things up when I'm feeling stagnant.

Maybe you should actively look for stuff to do, like maybe start accepting commissions and offering to take up requests and such. Join contests and do things with a deadline!

Groups are fine and all but find a group that requires you to submit a minimum number of pieces (per week/per month, whatever :D) for you to stay a member, haha. I'm part of DAC (Draw a Character group here on dA) but I've been lazy for the past 6 months and not joining in the prompts that they have. I'm WAAAAY behind now, actually, haha.

I find that sometimes, added pressure is necessary to get my butt to work, haha. (the healthy kind, mind you :) Not the pressure that will overwork you and spread you out too thin).

Good luck! :D
:iconglori305:
Glori305 Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012
I find for me creativity comes in cycles. I will have so many ideas I can not possibly do them all.....and then I have no ideas. Used to be when I had no ideas, I worked on technical skills and problem areas. If you are needing work on perspective, do some 1, 2 and 3 point perspective pieces, if you tuck hands behind the back, and end all drawings mid-leg to avoid feet and hand, get pictures of legs and picutres of hands and work on those. Now, I have a book of ideas. When I have so many ideas I can not possibly do them all, I make notes about the ones I am passing up. I carry this notebook everywhere, so when I am at work, or the grocery store and an idea strikes I can note it for later. You could also pick up one of the 100 things challenges that is floating around DA, do it as a 1 drawing a day challenge as well, and it will not even take you 4 months to get it all done.
:iconladymeow:
ladymeow Featured By Owner Dec 29, 2012
Maybe you're a little bored and need to force yourself to do something completely different. You could try sitting down and doing some still life to the best of your ability. Or go to the library and check out all the books you can on drawing and then actually make yourself do some of the practices in them. For me doing something that seems technical and tedious often helps to loosen the creative block and makes it easier to go back to drawing fun thing. It's also a good way to develop skills that you can apply to your more creative work. You really have to focus at it though and make yourself do the work... even if it gets boring after 10 minutes and you feel like playing on the internet or watching TV you have to stay focused.
Hmm. I'll check my library...
@weremole

I like the lego bricks analogy o.o...That's really cool lol. I wanna finish something though >.< not get half done and just...run out. I guess that's what I mean >.> idk lo
:iconvineris:
Vineris Featured By Owner Dec 29, 2012  Professional Traditional Artist
Try going to Illustration Friday. Every week they select a new prompt and you have until next Friday to finish it. It's Saturday now so you have 6 days to work on the current topic. Or pick one of the previous ones. Whatever you like.
Oooooh that sounds fun :D
Where does one find it? >_>
:iconvineris:
Vineris Featured By Owner Dec 29, 2012  Professional Traditional Artist
Try typing "illustration friday" into Google. There's only one.
AURTUR Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Oh. Lol i thought it was a forum on here xD thanks
:iconweremole:
weremole Featured By Owner Dec 29, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
Ideas are only a tiny bit, the rest is process, doing the work.
Add a Comment: