Closed to new replies
December 28, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 28

How to keep love in things you do?

:iconderterrorkruemel:
DerTerrorKruemel Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Hello everyone, I never expected to write in this Forum. But for this problem there is no better place to ask for help.

I always draw. Since I could hold a pen!
But since more than a year, this fire is gone.
And it feels wrong doing all day nothing instead of art, especially since I did my whole life nothing instead.

So. How do you keep love in your sketches, artworks, photography, webdesign, sculpting, [...]

Thanks for reading, and sorry, english isn't my mother-language ='D

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconshoppingmonk:
ShoppingMonk Featured By Owner Jan 22, 2013
try psycho painting i'm sure you cant leave that once you enter into that....
:iconeitriarch:
Eitriarch Featured By Owner Jan 21, 2013   Digital Artist
I'd lost touch with art for about five years and it was literally some of the worst years of my life. I figure a lot of people say this, but music was one of the biggest things that inspired me to start drawing again. I found this new band I was pretty much in love with and it inspired me to make a new world and new characters to live within it.

I've found that I'm not very interested in drawing when I don't have some kind of music inspiring me. And I probably wouldn't have any interest in my art if it weren't for my characters. I love them and I love drawing them, so art is very enjoyable to me again.
:iconschatten-drache:
Schatten-Drache Featured By Owner Jan 21, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Ganz einfach, ich wechsel das kunstmedium oder mach ne pause oder suche inspirration - bzw lasse ich von ihr finden
:iconchopper481:
chopper481 Featured By Owner Jan 11, 2013  Student General Artist
I try lots of different things, and listening to music always helps. :) I tend to get more inspired when I look at a lot of art, or art tutorials.
:iconyaysoda:
yaysoda Featured By Owner Jan 11, 2013
Try different art styles, or try paintings. I like to try different things in drawing. That's how I keep my love in drawing. :)
:iconmy-drawing-tutorials:
My-Drawing-Tutorials Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013  Professional Traditional Artist
The best way I found is to totally disengage from drawing and go doing something else that you enjoy for a while. I know that can be easier said than done, but I think it's essential to part of being a healthy artist.
:iconcirprius:
Cirprius Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
What did you used to do to keep love in your art? What I do is . . . I go out, find something that I find amusing, interesting, inspiring etc . . . and then add my own little touch to it. Maybe what you need is a change of pace, or perhaps you could look back on what you have accomplished thus far for inspiration?
:iconredmarlin:
redmarlin Featured By Owner Dec 29, 2012
I have a feeling you're only practicing one type of art in particular. Change things up. Work in a different medium, draw something you don't normally draw.
DerTerrorKruemel Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Since two month I try semi-realistic stuff, even some Comic Style I love to draw, but to be honest, I don't even remember how I learned the Manga Style so I'm stucking in drawing pictures with references all the time and I'm not possible to try draw something out of my mind, it's really sad D=
:iconanwaarsaleh:
anwaarsaleh Featured By Owner Dec 29, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I kind of have the same problem in here. For almost a year, I used to draw a lot daily. I don't completely like what I do but for practice I had to draw as much as I could. Now, I'm slowing down a lot even though I must continue practicing. However, what I normally do is try something new, look up some really good pieces of art and look back at my drawings and sketches and try to finish any incomplete project.

I hope my post was of help to you :)
Thats a good idea, I own a lot of WIPs ~ the last days I checked my older pictures and noticed I wasn't THAT bad as I thought back then. Somehow I like my old art even more then the stuff I make now D=
:iconvineris:
Vineris Featured By Owner Dec 29, 2012  Professional Traditional Artist
Go out and do something. Art doesn't come from nowhere, it comes from things that you experience. Sometimes you run out of experiences that you want to share with other people, and then it's time to go out and get some more. Go do some fun things both by yourself and with friends. Eventually you will want to make art again, and if you don't, well, at least you spent your time doing fun things and not nothing.
I do. I go Cinema. I read books. I make sport. But somehow there is no... well I have a lot of ideas for some pictures but no picture is "worth" for drawing. And thats really sad, when I compare to last year where I drew everything what was going up in my mind...
:iconvineris:
Vineris Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013  Professional Traditional Artist
People usually do what they want to. You have your answer here -- you no longer find the reward you get for drawing to be worth the effort, so you choose to do something that you find more rewarding. That is not sad. It would be much sadder to continue putting the effort in despite not getting enough reward.

I bet that the problem is that your identity hasn't caught up with your interests yet. You probably defined yourself by being "the person who draws" and now you don't want to draw anymore. So what kind of person are you now? When you find that out, much of the sadness will go away.

You may go back to drawing later when you discover something else in it that interests you. My husband used to play classical guitar, but then he lost interest in classical music and quit. He started playing guitar again when he found out what music he wanted to play.

In any case, don't worry about it. If you go back to it, good. If you don't, it will be because you found something else you like even better.
:icondamaimikaz:
DamaiMikaz Featured By Owner Dec 29, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I don't know how you see (or saw) art.
I see it as my main way of communicating and expressing emotions. I couldn't live without it, because a life without it would make me feel suppressed and sad. Even I had times in life my art came to a dead point and I didn't feel like making art anymore, but in the end I just found out that my current style of art wasn't anywhere near my liking anymore, so I tried something new :)
The same here! I dislike my style, I try a lot since few months, semi-realistic stuff and comic-styled art. Still waiting for the *BOOM* effect I had back then with AniMa Dx
:icondamaimikaz:
DamaiMikaz Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
huh?
:iconmohamadkaaki:
MohamadKaaki Featured By Owner Dec 29, 2012
I think the main reason here of you not getting inspired for art is that because you think doing art and working on it is like WASTING TIME!
You should never think this way!! And if you can't just stop thinking this way, you can just set some time in ur schedule like 2 hours every 2 days to draw in! And the other time you do something else!!
Get inspired, watch other people's art, say that you want to be brilliant like them, do art and gift them to close people, let them get impressed by ur art if it was good!
never give up, just keep on drawing and doing art, I guess its better than doing other useless stuff hehe

Good luck and sorry English is not my main language too :)
DerTerrorKruemel Featured By Owner Dec 29, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I am sorry I meant I do NOTHING, just laying around, instead of art, like I did all my years before ! )=
MohamadKaaki Featured By Owner Dec 29, 2012
I have these moments! but I don't let them control me I always try to force my self, and believe me when I hold the pencil and the paper I dont stop!
Try that! just hold the pencil and the paper and start doodling..
Sometimes, as soon I grip a pen and see the white blank paper, I totally forgot everything I had actually in mind and I can't put in on paper. It's all blurry and makes me sad D=
MohamadKaaki Featured By Owner Jan 12, 2013
So just Doodle.. draw anything in front of you, there's a candle? draw it? a pen? draw it! a shoe? draw it!! Draw anything!
You should build confidence in ur art and in ur self to keep on going!
:iconseanv93:
seanv93 Featured By Owner Dec 29, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Expose yourself to art as much as you can. Find something to inspire you. What was it that led you to joining this website in the first place? Try to remember what that is, and keep art relevant in your life.

I, too, have been drawing since I could stand, and I have also had my moments when I feel uninspired and unmotivated. We all do. I personally believe that simply looking at art that you like is the best cure for this. Looking at someone else's work of art somewhere along the line in your life is what drove you to want to create, to make something like that. It should work just as well now.

The internet is probably the best (or at least the easiest) source for all kinds of art. Browse Deviantart, even. Spend a good amount of time just looking at drawings, cartoons, movies, comics, whatever kind of stuff you like, and you'll be fine.

I, for example, used to want to be an animator. I still do, actually, but I've just been spending more time making still drawings lately. But cartoons and animation are pretty much the genesis of all of my creative inspiration. Nothing gets me motivated to create something great like watching a good animated film or TV show. One episode of my favorite TV show is usually enough to motivate me to get up right then and there and start drawing at my desk.
I can't remember when the last time someone inspired me, or anything that inspired me. I watch a lot of movies, series or read books.
But slowly I know what I am missing, thank you so much!
:iconneurotype:
neurotype Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I do multiple things. :B Not just subject matter-wise as *Rovanna has described, but totally different mediums.
Well I use copic, pen and digital. Even trying out new graphic programs. Lets see how it works >_<
:iconrovanna:
Rovanna Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012   Digital Artist
Your english if fine. C: I always have a goal. There's always something I want to work on or something I need to improve so that I can create the scenes that I can see in my head but I don't have the skills yet to draw.

Trying something new helps too. For example I always draw people, but I've started putting scenery in. Maybe try drawing something completely new, or a new coloring technique, or entering a contest, or collaborating with someone. :heart:
A goal? I had that back then too. It's sad that I can't motivate myself to improve stuff - and lets be honest; there is a LOT stuff I should improve D=

I already tried out what you sad, was kinda funny yes! (=
Add a Comment: