Closed to new replies
December 28, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 28

How to keep love in things you do?

:iconderterrorkruemel:
DerTerrorKruemel Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Hello everyone, I never expected to write in this Forum. But for this problem there is no better place to ask for help.

I always draw. Since I could hold a pen!
But since more than a year, this fire is gone.
And it feels wrong doing all day nothing instead of art, especially since I did my whole life nothing instead.

So. How do you keep love in your sketches, artworks, photography, webdesign, sculpting, [...]

Thanks for reading, and sorry, english isn't my mother-language ='D

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconshoppingmonk:
ShoppingMonk Featured By Owner Jan 22, 2013
try psycho painting i'm sure you cant leave that once you enter into that....
:iconeitriarch:
Eitriarch Featured By Owner Jan 21, 2013   Digital Artist
I'd lost touch with art for about five years and it was literally some of the worst years of my life. I figure a lot of people say this, but music was one of the biggest things that inspired me to start drawing again. I found this new band I was pretty much in love with and it inspired me to make a new world and new characters to live within it.

I've found that I'm not very interested in drawing when I don't have some kind of music inspiring me. And I probably wouldn't have any interest in my art if it weren't for my characters. I love them and I love drawing them, so art is very enjoyable to me again.
:iconschatten-drache:
Schatten-Drache Featured By Owner Jan 21, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Ganz einfach, ich wechsel das kunstmedium oder mach ne pause oder suche inspirration - bzw lasse ich von ihr finden
:iconchopper481:
chopper481 Featured By Owner Jan 11, 2013  Student General Artist
I try lots of different things, and listening to music always helps. :) I tend to get more inspired when I look at a lot of art, or art tutorials.
:iconyaysoda:
yaysoda Featured By Owner Jan 11, 2013
Try different art styles, or try paintings. I like to try different things in drawing. That's how I keep my love in drawing. :)
:iconmy-drawing-tutorials:
My-Drawing-Tutorials Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013  Professional Traditional Artist
The best way I found is to totally disengage from drawing and go doing something else that you enjoy for a while. I know that can be easier said than done, but I think it's essential to part of being a healthy artist.
:iconcirprius:
Cirprius Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
What did you used to do to keep love in your art? What I do is . . . I go out, find something that I find amusing, interesting, inspiring etc . . . and then add my own little touch to it. Maybe what you need is a change of pace, or perhaps you could look back on what you have accomplished thus far for inspiration?
:iconredmarlin:
redmarlin Featured By Owner Dec 29, 2012
I have a feeling you're only practicing one type of art in particular. Change things up. Work in a different medium, draw something you don't normally draw.
:iconderterrorkruemel:
DerTerrorKruemel Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Since two month I try semi-realistic stuff, even some Comic Style I love to draw, but to be honest, I don't even remember how I learned the Manga Style so I'm stucking in drawing pictures with references all the time and I'm not possible to try draw something out of my mind, it's really sad D=
:iconartistaq8:
artistaq8 Featured By Owner Dec 29, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I kind of have the same problem in here. For almost a year, I used to draw a lot daily. I don't completely like what I do but for practice I had to draw as much as I could. Now, I'm slowing down a lot even though I must continue practicing. However, what I normally do is try something new, look up some really good pieces of art and look back at my drawings and sketches and try to finish any incomplete project.

I hope my post was of help to you :)
Add a Comment: