Closed to new replies
December 28, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 9

Writer/Artist Partnership

:iconmegers67:
megers67 Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012
I'm a writer looking for someone who could be my partner for a project I had an idea for: a comic book essentially or something that could be a webcomic to be posted by page. I'm not looking for someone to commission a one-time piece with, I'm preferring a more long-term arrangement if I can manage that. All the artists I have looked at all have their own projects that they are very busy with.

How do you suggest I look for a partner, or better yet, do you or know anyone who would like to be?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconsachi-pon:
Sachi-pon Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
you should start a thread in the projects forum if you are profit-splitting, or if you are paying the artist (instead of just profit-splitting) start a thread in job offers. (but in my opinion it's better to just work in a partnership and profit-split)

also, the person below is right- in your thread, explain in more detail what your story is about and what art style you're looking for. that way, you can more easily find the right artist for you.
Yeah, I didn't think much on where to post this or what I actually said. Thanks everyone!
:iconsachi-pon:
Sachi-pon Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
you're welcome!
:iconhawkbit:
Hawkbit Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Well I donīt even know what your story is about...so itīs hard to decide for someone if itīs interesting or not. There has to be a really really interesting story to make me work on other peoples ideas for a longer time....
It follows a medic in a post-apocalyptic world that was torn apart by a war between magic users and mundanes. It isn't a high fantasy and focuses more on people picking up the pieces after their world has fallen apart.
:iconhawkbit:
Hawkbit Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Thanks ;)
:iconkeyxkeeperx:
keyxkeeperx Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012
As much as I would love to partake in this project as a way to improve my own art style I don't know if what I can do NOW would be desirable
:iconwilwhalen:
WilWhalen Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
It's a hard game as a writer looking for an artist, at least if you aren't paying. In pure man hours, you're looking for someone to spend (likely) exponentially more time than you on your own pet project. The people who are willing to work for free are generally unreliable, unexperienced, unskilled, or a deadly combination of all three. You'll get a lot of people who will jump ship once they lose interest if they're only there to work on your story, unless they have a sizable creative hand in it as well. Mostly anecdotal, but I hear it all the time.

If you have a budget for a decent page rate (highly variable depending on style) you should have no problem finding someone in short order on the Job Offers forum.
Thank you!
Add a Comment: