Shop More Submit  Join Login

Details

Closed to new replies
December 28, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 23

Are there any good sites that you know of that have good head perspective references?

:iconspork-:
Spork- Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
As the title says I am looking to improve head angles, but I didn't know if there were sites similar to quickposes/posemaniac that had either galleries to view from, or lots on file. I am looking for different perspectives and interesting angles mostly.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconczeladnik09:
CzeladniK09 Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
The Gnomon Workshop have plenty of... well, everything and You could find there everything You need, My Friend. I personally use Their experience :D

Pirates from The Pirate Bay have already overrun a majority of their video tutorials so..
if you got Utorrent or whatever that takes torrents go ahead and download some of these..

..as for the artists i prefer David Finch and His tutorials, perfect for learning dinamics of the body and head ;)
:iconfriendlyhand:
FriendlyHand Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
Hi,
lovecastle: [link] reference photos of humans, big cats, horses, hands, heads
pixelovely: [link] reference photos of people and animals
Zvork Virtual Lighting: [link] interactive lighting on 3d human models
What wonderful links, thank you very much!
:iconvineris:
Vineris Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012  Professional Traditional Artist
Do you have access to a digital camera and some friends?
:iconforeveraloneplz:
:iconkamikaze1337:
Kamikaze1337 Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012  Student Filmographer
There is a section in Bridgeman's book which teaches how to draw heads in perspective. You can do studies of the drawing in that section of the book as well as read the notes he makes. There is also Loomis's method(in the book Drawing Heads & Hands) of drawing heads which works really well with dynamic angles. Here is playlist of videos teaching and demonstrating Loomis's method for drawing heads at various angles. [link]
i know the basics and can get the shape down just fine, it is the details like the eyes and the nose that cause problems. I will check out the link too.
Well everything can be broken down into geometric forms, including the brow, nose, eyeball and mouth denture. Again this is discussed in detail with Hampton's book :P. If you are just looking for reference, get a mirror and start sketching(best reference ever):P.
Yeah that would be harder for poses looking away from the viewer. I will just search some images on my own and look at my books, I was just wondering if there was a site that had a lot of organized ones to view from.
two mirrors?
Add a Comment: