Closed to new replies
December 27, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 28

Does music affect what you draw?

:iconletsbebubbly:
LetsBeBubbly Featured By Owner Dec 27, 2012
Does music affect the way you draw and what you draw? Does darker music make your drawings look dark and vice versa with other genres? (Not like pencil darkening) Or does it just serve as background tunes during your drawing? \^.^/

Thank you!
~Azaelia

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconvillekat:
Villekat Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
It depends on how I feel to begin with, if I'm in a dark mood and put in some dark music orrrr a ballet I generally do something very deep and emotional, not always dark tho. Pop and upbeat songs for some reason make me want to do stars and water peices. Other times it's just background music to drown out everything else so I can get lost in my peice, or for me to dance to as I paint.
:iconruuku-kabe:
Ruuku-Kabe Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Absolutely. If I'm jamming hard to One OK Rock, I'm probably gonna be creating a scene where 1). Someone's getting their teeth knocked out by somebody 2). Someone's gotta veins popping out of their neck. On the other hand, if I'm relaxing to Miho Fukuhara, I'll probably be drawing a female character in a white dress with a tear drop on her face. That's all hypothetical but, you get my point. ^_^
:iconcatluvr2:
catluvr2 Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
It depends. Sometimes I draw abstractly to go with the music, and other times it's like meh, I'm not even listening to the music.
:iconcats2000:
Cats2000 Featured By Owner Dec 27, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Hmm... well, it depends, sometimes it actually does XD Like, if I listen to "My heart will go on" from Titanic, I may start making a love/pairing/couple pic XD But if I listen to something "evil" I may draw a really gory pic, so... it kinda does, lol XD
Ahaha Awesome!
:iconcapturedjoe:
CapturedJoe Featured By Owner Dec 27, 2012
It does. Sometimes it gives me ideas, or inspiration if thats how you want to call it...
Sometimes it sets me in the mood to draw something...
Me Too! :meow:
:iconbaranamtara:
Baranamtara Featured By Owner Dec 27, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
I usually choose the music after I thought of the theme of the painting... It has to fit. Haha...
Sometimes I listen to music and want to draw something that fits to the mood of it... But it's usually the other way round.
:iconhoshiko91:
Hoshiko91 Featured By Owner Dec 27, 2012
exactly the same for me too :)
Add a Comment: