Closed to new replies
December 27, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 23

Fanart VS Original Art

:iconnaomibomb:
NaomiBomb Featured By Owner Dec 27, 2012
What do you favourite more? Do you prefer fan art to an artists original characters?

Just curious.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconxxevilblondiexx:
xxEvilBlondiexx Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Fanart because that's usually what I look up. I still favorite good pictures of OCs, but since they're not usually what I'm looking for, I don't tend to find + favorite as many.
:iconknoire:
knoire Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I'm more likely to look at fanart, honestly, because I am familiar with those characters. I like OCs, but I've never found myself too obsessed over someone else's.
:iconkingofsouls:
Kingofsouls Featured By Owner Dec 27, 2012
I prefer the OC's, because I get to see the artists creativity a bit more than if they drew someone else's character.
:iconrookieowl:
RookieOwl Featured By Owner Dec 27, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Art is art, while is well done I have no problem with either.
:iconmiraveldi:
Miraveldi Featured By Owner Dec 27, 2012
I'll favorite anything that looks good to me, though I tend to come across fanart more often because I get so involved with fandoms.
:iconladykuki:
LadyKuki Featured By Owner Dec 27, 2012  Student General Artist
Both if done well. I would fave more original art, but it's not as common or well done as fan art sadly. :hmm:
:icondtkinetic:
DTKinetic Featured By Owner Dec 27, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I prefer original art, I think there's more to be said when an artist can extract an idea from their mind they can truly call their own.
:iconcirprius:
Cirprius Featured By Owner Dec 27, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
I tend to favorite both about equally. As long as the art work appeals to me in some way, I will favorite it. I tend to favorite Fan art more if I recognize the characters in it though.
:iconpuppy-dangerous:
puppy-dangerous Featured By Owner Dec 27, 2012  Professional Artisan Crafter
I used to do lots of fan art. Not so much anymore. Once in a while.

For favorites, I won't do it because I like the character, I do it because I like the art. So it doesn't really matter. I have fanart from stuff I've never seen, or in some cases heard of, in my collections because I like the picture. Same for original work.

I'm way more concerned in the actual work of art than the contents.
:iconjunjoupen:
JunjouPen Featured By Owner Dec 27, 2012  Student Digital Artist
Personally, I favorite originals more often because I like seeing what other artist's minds are like. However, sometimes I favorite fanart because either I'm in love with the character(s) or the artist did an amazing job. :)
Add a Comment: