Closed to new replies
December 26, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 2

Need help with materials

:iconreborncarrot:
RebornCarrot Dec 26, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Hello. I'm new to the forums and I've been getting more confident with my art and want to draw a lot more but I need some new materials.

I like to create lineart by sketching, going over with dense pencil lines and a thin pen, coloring with colored pencils.

1) New black pens that won't smudge by my palm or erasing over them and don't bleed/feather.
I've been using .5 bic pens and those worked pretty well.

2) A pencil I can create a better line with over my sketch that won't smudge.

3) Colored pencils, color palette isn't too important right now.

Budget: ~20$

Don't need a lot of materials, just a start.
Please give me links to where I can buy your suggestions.

Thank you. :lonely:

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconbluewingedcoyote:
Micron pens by Sakura, they are the least smudgy from eraser or hand. I use a mechanical pencil for my base lines, nice and precise, cheap and easy to find. Primascolor pencils are the best, most intense, best blending. [link]
:iconmad-shrewd:
I generally use Zebra 0.7mm pens when I draw. Depending upon how lightly you press, the marks rival a hard pencil in terms of darkness. I'll usually use a blue pen for the initial sketch and black later on.

For the final I'll go with some sort of .5mm gel that will make a good permanent mark that's dark enough not to disappear during processing.

But, that's just for me, I do lineart and comics mostly, although, the pens work just fine for more complicated line art as well.

I usually only need something else when I'm wanting to add color. I'm not sure how much they cost, but I think the last time I bought a pair it was like $3 or 4 for a pair.
Add a Comment: