Shop Mobile More Submit  Join Login

Closed to new replies
December 26, 2012

Replies: 2

Need help with materials

RebornCarrot Featured By Owner Dec 26, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Hello. I'm new to the forums and I've been getting more confident with my art and want to draw a lot more but I need some new materials.

I like to create lineart by sketching, going over with dense pencil lines and a thin pen, coloring with colored pencils.

1) New black pens that won't smudge by my palm or erasing over them and don't bleed/feather.
I've been using .5 bic pens and those worked pretty well.

2) A pencil I can create a better line with over my sketch that won't smudge.

3) Colored pencils, color palette isn't too important right now.

Budget: ~20$

Don't need a lot of materials, just a start.
Please give me links to where I can buy your suggestions.

Thank you. :lonely:

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

BlueWingedCoyote Featured By Owner Dec 26, 2012
Micron pens by Sakura, they are the least smudgy from eraser or hand. I use a mechanical pencil for my base lines, nice and precise, cheap and easy to find. Primascolor pencils are the best, most intense, best blending. [link]
mad-shrewd Featured By Owner Dec 26, 2012
I generally use Zebra 0.7mm pens when I draw. Depending upon how lightly you press, the marks rival a hard pencil in terms of darkness. I'll usually use a blue pen for the initial sketch and black later on.

For the final I'll go with some sort of .5mm gel that will make a good permanent mark that's dark enough not to disappear during processing.

But, that's just for me, I do lineart and comics mostly, although, the pens work just fine for more complicated line art as well.

I usually only need something else when I'm wanting to add color. I'm not sure how much they cost, but I think the last time I bought a pair it was like $3 or 4 for a pair.
Add a Comment: