Closed to new replies
December 25, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 6

Shaky hands making it hard to draw..

:iconsulala:
Sulala Dec 25, 2012
So, besides already suffering from severe depression (which makes it near impossible for me to get things done sometimes)and a lengthy art block, I've noticed that my hands shake a lot. I've always had this problem but recently it's become so bad that I can hardly draw anything. Every once in a while I can sit down and get something out on paper, but I can rarely finish anything because my hands shake so badly (and when I do finish things there are usually too many shaky lines and mistakes for me to be happy with it). Of course this makes me even more depressed and doesn't help my art block.

Does anybody else have this problem? Any tips to working around or with it? :saddrunk:

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconmalicious-monkey:
Malicious-Monkey Dec 25, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Work on a larger canvas.
Sulala Dec 25, 2012
I've actually tried this. I usually work on pretty large paper (9 x 12 inch paper the smallest I like to work with). The larger it gets the more jittery my lines seem to be though. e n e
:iconmalicious-monkey:
Malicious-Monkey Dec 25, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
When you draw, is your hand "floating" above the page or is it braced on something? You can buy or craft yourself a mahl stick, which is a stick thing you put across your drawing or painting that you can rest your hand on as you draw. It might help.
Sulala Dec 25, 2012
I will look into this, thank you!
:iconisho13:
Isho13 Dec 25, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Try impressionism or more messy styles for drawing/painting? e-e
:iconag-08:
AG-08 Dec 26, 2012   Digital Artist
I agree. Use it to your advantage.. or drink some alcohol to calm your nerves (if you're old enough. Drink in moderation).
Add a Comment: