Closed to new replies
December 24, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 99

asbergers artists

:iconkingofsouls:
Kingofsouls Featured By Owner Dec 24, 2012
My greatest badge of honor in life is my Aspergers Syndrome. At first, i thought that because of it, I was "that one kid who's different" growing up in my small K-8 school. But looking back I realize that my Aspergers was both greatest strength and greatest flaw.

Anyone here on DA have Aspergers? How do you see your art fellow Aspies?

For me, I view the character in my art not as lines nor characters but as people in their own worlds. I simply tell their stories (although it's a lot of fun making them!!!)

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconnarwalmilk:
Narwalmilk Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012  Student General Artist
I see my characters in exactly the same way. :nod:
I just have so many stories for them that I think about a lot, but barely ever write down or draw out because I just can't find the words, or there's too much to illustrate... They're like people in their own worlds, sort of.
& I've never been formally diagnosed because I get too nervous at the doctors to properly talk about anything but I'm about 90% sure I have Aspergers. I don't really know, but I fulfill the DSM IVTR requirements for a diagnosis, anyway.
:iconladykuki:
LadyKuki Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012  Student General Artist
Holy crud I have the same problems when it comes to my characters, really. :grump:
Narwalmilk Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012  Student General Artist
It's so annoying isn't it?
You think of all these amazing stories but then when you go to put it down it's just a bit overwhelming... I mean, how can they live up to your minds expectations, really?
LadyKuki Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012  Student General Artist
Yep it is!

And I really can't comprehend how some people are able to work on one story at a time so well! :crying:
Narwalmilk Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012  Student General Artist
I know! I'd just get so confused and start adding in random details from the other stories, hehe.
LadyKuki Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012  Student General Artist
Lol. Agreed.
:iconbarnowlgurl23:
barnowlgurl23 Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I have a little bit of asbergers myself and it doesn't really effect me
:iconbrandonspilcher:
BrandonSPilcher Featured By Owner Dec 29, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I have Asperger's too, which explains the obsessive tendencies reflected in my artwork.
:iconcapturedjoe:
CapturedJoe Featured By Owner Dec 29, 2012
Ha, one could say that about me as well.
:iconeev11:
eev11 Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012  Student Digital Artist
I don't have aspergers but I am "intellectually gifted", this for me brought more problems than advantages, I have been bullied and because of that I changed schools constantly causing me to not have any friends.. I think drawing in class might've been a way of avoiding communicating with other students, since I always had my schoolwork and tests finished first in class I needed something else to spend my time and that was drawing.

Now I am so glad that I don't have to attend school any more and since a few years I have become a bit more serious about making art.. :)
Add a Comment: