Details

Closed to new replies
December 24, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 99

asbergers artists

:iconkingofsouls:
My greatest badge of honor in life is my Aspergers Syndrome. At first, i thought that because of it, I was "that one kid who's different" growing up in my small K-8 school. But looking back I realize that my Aspergers was both greatest strength and greatest flaw.

Anyone here on DA have Aspergers? How do you see your art fellow Aspies?

For me, I view the character in my art not as lines nor characters but as people in their own worlds. I simply tell their stories (although it's a lot of fun making them!!!)

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconnarwalmilk:
Narwalmilk Dec 30, 2012  Student General Artist
I see my characters in exactly the same way. :nod:
I just have so many stories for them that I think about a lot, but barely ever write down or draw out because I just can't find the words, or there's too much to illustrate... They're like people in their own worlds, sort of.
& I've never been formally diagnosed because I get too nervous at the doctors to properly talk about anything but I'm about 90% sure I have Aspergers. I don't really know, but I fulfill the DSM IVTR requirements for a diagnosis, anyway.
:iconladykuki:
LadyKuki Dec 30, 2012  Student General Artist
Holy crud I have the same problems when it comes to my characters, really. :grump:
Narwalmilk Dec 30, 2012  Student General Artist
It's so annoying isn't it?
You think of all these amazing stories but then when you go to put it down it's just a bit overwhelming... I mean, how can they live up to your minds expectations, really?
LadyKuki Dec 30, 2012  Student General Artist
Yep it is!

And I really can't comprehend how some people are able to work on one story at a time so well! :crying:
Narwalmilk Dec 31, 2012  Student General Artist
I know! I'd just get so confused and start adding in random details from the other stories, hehe.
LadyKuki Dec 31, 2012  Student General Artist
Lol. Agreed.
:iconbarnowlgurl23:
barnowlgurl23 Dec 30, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I have a little bit of asbergers myself and it doesn't really effect me
:iconbrandonspilcher:
BrandonSPilcher Dec 29, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I have Asperger's too, which explains the obsessive tendencies reflected in my artwork.
:iconcapturedjoe:
Ha, one could say that about me as well.
:iconeev11:
eev11 Dec 28, 2012  Student Digital Artist
I don't have aspergers but I am "intellectually gifted", this for me brought more problems than advantages, I have been bullied and because of that I changed schools constantly causing me to not have any friends.. I think drawing in class might've been a way of avoiding communicating with other students, since I always had my schoolwork and tests finished first in class I needed something else to spend my time and that was drawing.

Now I am so glad that I don't have to attend school any more and since a few years I have become a bit more serious about making art.. :)
Add a Comment: