Details

Closed to new replies
December 24, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 70

Ink is a dangerous god...

:iconant1-her0-project:
Ant1-Her0-Project Featured By Owner Dec 24, 2012  Professional Traditional Artist
It's incapable of forgiveness. Ink, as a medium doesn't seem to get the credit it deserves. I'm not knocking any other medium, but paints, pencils, and digital mediums are far more forgiving.. In my opinion, ink artists are the unsung heroes of the art world.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconkalitu:
Kalitu Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Bonjour!
:iconmiraveldi:
Miraveldi Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012
Even though I'm more of a digital artist, I love working with ink. There's just something about bold, permanent black that I just love. I also find that drawing with something so permanent can be more fun; you have to learn how to incorporate your mistakes into the finished piece, and often as a result end up with something more interesting than you intended.
:iconvillekat:
Villekat Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
I don't do it often but I LOVE working with ink. Yes it's very unforgiving and basically perminant but that is what I love about it. If you mess up you HAVE to work it into the peice, you have to change the direction of your peice or at least your perception. It keeps you on your toes.
:iconruuku-kabe:
Ruuku-Kabe Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
I feel the same way. I recently started using ink now that my standard drawing skills have come up to par. And this statement hits my thoughts on the bullseye. I wish soooo many times that I could just flicker that one little tenth of a centimeter line off, but nope, instead I have to sacrifice the entirety of the image by thickening the lines. Lol.
But if you get used to it and get it right, ink is probably, in my opinion, one of the most beautiful art forms out there! ^_^
:iconnonecansee:
nonecansee Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012  Hobbyist
Oh yes >.< As a hobbyist, I only work with ink, especially when I do my line art. I especially want to work on comics but I'm finding that the inking IS the biggest hurdle, haha. I know I can pull off styles and work on anatomy, perspective, etc. quite easily but proper inking technique is the most difficult skill to learn, haha.

Let's not forget people who do calligraphy, tattooing and other similar crafts involving ink.

There's something about ink that's so permanent and rigid and, yes, unforgiving. If you make a mistake, the mistake screams at you, haha.
:iconrayaroja:
Rayaroja Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
I use a lot of ink, it takes so much concentration that I recently became self-conscious of the fact that I don't blink when I ink.
:icontetchist:
Tetchist Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
this is such an insane post. why did you make it?
Ant1-Her0-Project Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012  Professional Traditional Artist
To get your attention! It finally worked!! Hi.
:icontetchist:
Tetchist Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
another terrible reply in a terrible thread.
Ant1-Her0-Project Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012  Professional Traditional Artist
And yet, you keep bumping it to the top. You don't really understand how this works, do you?
Add a Comment: