Closed to new replies
December 23, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 5

tattoo design help?

:iconkutekennie:
KuteKennie Featured By Owner Dec 23, 2012
Hi, I'm still new and idk if this kind of thread is allowed, but I need help and my boyfriend said the forums would be helpful. I'm getting a tattoo for Christmas and I was thinking of getting hakuna matata just under my ankle bone, but my Mom is saying that's a bad spot and I should get it above and have hakuna, rafikis drawing of Simba, and matata under it. I really love this idea and I was wondering if someone could sketch it out for me????? PLEASE???!!? Idea in a nut shell: Hakuna matata in the Disney font with the drawing rafiki did of Simba. And I want the words around Simba in like a circle, but not connecting, just arching above and below.
Again, I hope I'm not breaking any rules or annoying anyone ^^; but I would really, REALLY, love the help.
Thank you <3

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconjynettetigner:
JynetteTigner Featured By Owner Dec 23, 2012  Professional General Artist
The best way to do this is to find a tattoo artist that you really get along with (do your research and check portfolios for the love of God) and talk over the design with them. Most do not charge for sketch time, plus this way you know that the design will be 100% tattoo-albe by that artist. The tattoo industry is one that runs on community, as long as you are friendly and don't try to cheat them out of money they are willing to work with you.
There are some horrible places called tattoo shops so make sure they have a good reputation.
Ohh yes yes, I am familiar with the tattoo world. I do know who my artist is going to be. My last tattoo by him, I just brought in a picture and he made a stencil of it and slapped it on(not as sloppy as I'm making it sound) but it was like a tribal piece, so all he had to do was follow the lines. Haha. But for this I was just hoping to get an idea sketch to see it all together. Ya know?
:iconvineris:
Vineris Featured By Owner Dec 23, 2012  Professional Traditional Artist
It's kinda in bad taste to beg for free art on the net that you should be getting your tattoo artist to do. After all, your tattoo artist gets cash moneys, you get a tattoo, and the artist who does the design gets... shit all. That's pretty low don't you think?

Even if you get someone nice to do it for you, consider doing something for them in return.
oh gosh i didn't even think of that >< sorry D:
like i said i'm like new to this community and stuff. I didn't know this was rude. i'm so sorry ): i hate upsetting people....
umm, i dont know what to offer.
i could draw a creature in return? idk.. umm..
oh i just feel dumb now.. im sorry...
:iconvineris:
Vineris Featured By Owner Dec 23, 2012  Professional Traditional Artist
No, that's okay. It's just something to think about. One always sees a lot of people who really want something but don't think too hard about giving anything back. Try asking in the Projects forum here: [link]
Add a Comment: