Closed to new replies
December 23, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 46

New tablet...what do now?

:icondraumstafur:
draumstafur Featured By Owner Dec 23, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
Till now I've been working with a mouse and I dare say I'm efficient at it...but my lovely boyfriend got me a Wacom Bamboo Fun tablet for Christmas :love:.

I am super duper excited, but also apprehensive and nervous because it's something new I need to learn how to master.

Tablet users, what have been your experiences with your tablet? Tips and tricks? Exercises to master that pesky eye-hand coordination? Stories?
Any help, please? :noes:

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconjei-art:
Jei-Art Featured By Owner Dec 25, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
ZOOM IN TO YOUR WORK.

Particularly if you are in Photoshop, zoom in until you can see some pixels so you have control. If you work with it zoomed out at 100% or 50% its like drawing 10 feet or 3 metres away from your work.
draumstafur Featured By Owner Dec 26, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
i am getting addicted to zooming :lol: more control over everything. thank you! <3
:iconjei-art:
Jei-Art Featured By Owner Dec 26, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
You're welcome!
:iconminustwoseventhree:
minustwoseventhree Featured By Owner Dec 25, 2012
Some people say don't use the mouse, but personally I find it really hard to use a tablet for anything other than drawing.
Just warm up by doing a few loose sketches first. Doing that helps you find out whereabouts things are and gets you used to pen pressure. Afterwards, try practicing smooth lines and using different pressures.
draumstafur Featured By Owner Dec 26, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
i don't find it that hard, but it just seems off to browse stuff with anything other than a mouse...

thank you :hug:
:iconpemamendez:
PemaMendez Featured By Owner Dec 25, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
well, if you are really good traditionally drawing then it's very easy to get familiar with the tablet, took me just half an hour to get familiar with mine, after that it's just practicing, getting tips and learning tablet related functions of the software you're using.

a couple of tips:
*before you actually start working on something (I mean, while you're still playing around) make sure to check the settings and tweak them until the tablet feeling matches your liking
*try messing around, ask, and read about the software you are using to learn how to use tablet functions, like changing brush types, sizes, whether it has pressure sensitivity, flow sensitivity, direction and texture.
draumstafur Featured By Owner Dec 25, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
I'd say I'm pretty decent traditionally :D I can't wait to post finished stuff now, I've already started working on a couple of pieces.

Thank you, I'll do what you said ASAP :P
:iconpemamendez:
PemaMendez Featured By Owner Dec 25, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
you're welcome! glad I could help :aww:
:iconnelchee:
nelchee Featured By Owner Dec 24, 2012  Professional General Artist
Have you unplugged your mouse yet? If you didn't do it. Use your tablet for everything - no more mouse ever again :)
(except if you're gaming I guess - I suppose it would be difficult to play certain games with a tablet, but I don't know)
draumstafur Featured By Owner Dec 24, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
I still like my mouse and use it for browsing and the like xD I'll use the tablet just for drawing
Add a Comment: