Shop More Submit  Join Login

Details

Closed to new replies
December 18, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 28

What are some of your artistic strengths and weaknesses?

:iconponderhope:
PonderHope Featured By Owner Dec 18, 2012  Student General Artist
I struggle a lot with anatomy and proportions and things of that nature, so that's definitely one of my weaknesses. However, I do believe that my biggest artistic strength is knowledge of colors and color theory. I know a bit about primary colors complimentary colors and I absolutely apply that knowledge into my work. What are some of your strengths and weaknesses in art?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconarkhora-wang:
Arkhora-Wang Featured By Owner Dec 20, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Strenghth's: well fan art
weakness's:drawing girls, shading, sketching stuff out first, environmental stuff, well lets just say i have a lot of weakness's
:iconerspears:
erspears Featured By Owner Dec 20, 2012  Professional
My old painting teacher once told me I was really good at painting nothing.
:iconfanartisthoops:
FanArtistHoops Featured By Owner Dec 20, 2012  Professional Traditional Artist
My strengths would be giving depth, shading and life to my drawings but my weakness planning my drawing out as i just go through the sketch adding detail as i go opposed to drawing the outline and gradually adding detail.
:iconphoenixleo:
phoenixleo Featured By Owner Dec 19, 2012
+ Imagining starting or completing it
- Life
:iconblackrosekane89:
Blackrosekane89 Featured By Owner Dec 19, 2012  Professional General Artist
My strengths: shading/detail/texture
Weakness: proportions.
:iconartistaq8:
artistaq8 Featured By Owner Dec 19, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Strength: Sketch
Weakness: Coloring

Even though it's been a long time since I started with digital/traditional art and tried many techniques but still am not getting better. I still need to work on my coloring techniques yet I feel lazy to spend days on one drawing :P :D
:iconladykuki:
LadyKuki Featured By Owner Dec 19, 2012  Student General Artist
Strength: Color
Weakness: Everything else. =P
:iconaki-rain:
Aki-rain Featured By Owner Dec 19, 2012  Student General Artist
I have a similar weakness to you: I'm not very good at consistently drawing proportions or anatomy well. Even if I draw the same character a few times within a few days of each other, he/she can look totally different among a few drawings. I'm working really hard to improve, though, so hopefully it goes away soon enough. :|

I can't think of too many strengths of mine, but I think I'm good at covering up with my anatomical errors with decent shading and knowledge of texture... I guess. XD
:iconopiumtraum:
opiumtraum Featured By Owner Dec 19, 2012
Strengths- I have a decent skill set. I have a pretty decent knowledge of art history & mythology, which gives me plenty to draw from (so to speak).

Weaknesses- Despite having a decent skill set, my confidence generally lacks. I'm a perfectionist, a procrastinator & for what ever reason- I'm distractable as hell (oh, look! Pretty!). And here I am...not drawing.
:iconpeytonjune:
PeytonJune Featured By Owner Dec 19, 2012
Strengths: Style, creating characters, expression

Weakness: Backgrounds, coloring, anatomy
Add a Comment: