Closed to new replies
December 14, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 28

Sketch vs Colour?

:iconitsaghoststory:
ItsAGhostStory Featured By Owner Dec 14, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Just wondering what your preference is? Fo you perfer black and white sketching/shadong or coloured pencils to shade and colour after the line work? I personally like sketching but I ocaisionally like colour. It depends on the picture for me

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconthe-lovely-insanity:
The-Lovely-Insanity Featured By Owner Dec 15, 2012  Student General Artist
I personally love sketches, I love the sketchy look of art. I even use pencil-like brushes in Photoshop whenever I do digital art! :P
ItsAGhostStory Featured By Owner Dec 15, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Same! The sketchyness just adds so much emotion
:iconthe-lovely-insanity:
The-Lovely-Insanity Featured By Owner Dec 15, 2012  Student General Artist
It really does c: I also like sketchy color....like it's not perfect coloring along the lines.
Yesss haha i love that(: nothings perfect and i love how sketches capture that
:iconfionacreates:
FionaCreates Featured By Owner Dec 14, 2012  Professional General Artist
I enjoy sketching, I do a lot of it, but I find it does not produce great finished images. And I don't count in depth graphite renders as sketching.

A sketch is an idea, something that has to be transformed into something final either by adding colour or tracing and reworking it with more detail and depth and yet keeping the life of the sketch.
ItsAGhostStory Featured By Owner Dec 14, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I agree , though i Love the accomplished feeling when i produce a great sketch (:
FionaCreates Featured By Owner Dec 14, 2012  Professional General Artist
I like to try to transfer the energy of the sketch to the final image. One thing I hate is losing that freedom and flow a sketch has by making the final too stuffy.
l like that pointnof view , never thought about sketces that wayy(:
FionaCreates Featured By Owner Dec 15, 2012  Professional General Artist
I have actually seen myself scanning my sketch and just cleaning that up, getting rid of all unwanted marks and just using that sketch instead of lining over the top. It depends, but yes, the energy is important, esp for comic work where you want the characters to seem alive like they're moving or talking etc.
I dont really do comic work, Im not that creative haha but yeah I just look the look of sketches; how theyre messy yet it works
Add a Comment: