Closed to new replies
December 11, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 4

Painting Advice: Need help with face likeness

:icondarkestcountryroad:
darkestcountryroad Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012
Hello! I would not usually make a topic for this type of thing, but I am making a painting for my boyfriend's christmas gift and so I want it to be the best it can.
It is very nerve wracking to give someone a drawing you drew OF them, so I would really appreciate some help in getting it to look as close to him as it can! :)

Here is my painting:
[link]
[link]
[link]

And here are references of him:
[link]

If I could get some feedback on what could be changed or what is good to keep, etc, that would really help! (Mainly concerned about his part of the painting not the other parts, and in particular, his face). thanks

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconpmucks:
PMucks Featured By Owner Dec 12, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
First of all, it really does look like him. I had to look very carefully to find what was different, and here's what I found...

The eyes are spaced perfectly, but you made them a little big. The nose is slightly lower and less "upturned" in your painting when compared to his photo. The face is also slightly wider in your painting.

However, the differences are very slight and actually make him look better while still retaining his likeness. It's good to make someone look better, he'll be flattered that you see him that way. I wouldn't change a thing proportionally. Maybe just clean it up a little and add some shading. :)
:icongianna-peels:
gianna-peels Featured By Owner Dec 12, 2012  Student Digital Artist
:thumbsup:
:iconcinderblockstudios:
CinderBlockStudios Featured By Owner Dec 11, 2012  Professional Traditional Artist
Looks like you're a little late to change any major anatomy or lines. Personally I'm not sure what else you could do to this without making it look a little muddy.
:icondarkestcountryroad:
darkestcountryroad Featured By Owner Dec 20, 2012
thanks for the feedback PMucks! and thanks gianna.

CinderBlockStudios- I guess I'd forgotten to ask for advice when I was still in the sketching stage but oh well
Add a Comment: