Deviant Login Shop  Join deviantART for FREE Take the Tour

Details

Closed to new replies
December 10, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 9

How do you do (natural) perspective using traditional media/ a4 pages?

:iconkkcooly:
kkcooly Dec 10, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
So when I want to draw some perspective, it always comes out fish eye- Because I'm using a A4 page... Are there any techniques that I can use for vanishing points that are OFF my little A4 page? I recall seeing a video explaining some sort of technique for making perspective using vanishing points that are off the page- In traditional media, I just can't seem to find it!

Thank you so much!

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconfionacreates:
FionaCreates Dec 10, 2012  Professional General Artist
I was going to suggest using some giant ass cheap newsprint or newspaper on a table behind your drawing but wood board works too XD
Guess so! :D
I often set up the guides digitally and print them out the bit I want on A4 paper and then use a new bit of paper over the top and a backlight from a window or lightbox trace over them.... But a big bit of board will avoid that faff XD
That sound like a long- But effective- Way of doing it! I'll have to try that way too!
well see once I've set up perspective lines for a few different 'shots' on a huge canvas on gimp all I need to is crop out the relevant A4 section every time I need it, so I don't need to redraw it every time.
:iconisho13:
Isho13 Dec 10, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
You can draw on a wood board that's way bigger than your A4 page. I use "fibrofacil" but I don't know how it's named in English, sorry. That way you can use tape to hold your paper on the board, and put your vanishing points on the wood, but you'd be able to draw on your paper. :)
Oh awesome! And then each time I can erase off the wood board.. Thanks! I think I'll use this idea!
:iconnapoleon15:
Napoleon15 Dec 10, 2012  Hobbyist Artist
Don't know about the video, but the simplest, albeit time consuming, way I know is to get an A2 or A3 (A2 works much better) sheet of paper and draw everything small enough to fit the vanishing points all on the paper. Once you're done, you can enlarge it via photocopy or grid and redraw on a clean sheet of paper.
Awesome!Thought a bit about this idea, but you added some more to it. Thanks!
Add a Comment: