December 8, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 21

what's my art style?

:iconvelvetfish:
VelvetFish Featured By Owner Dec 8, 2012  Student Filmographer
like, i legitimately have no clue.

when people ask me what my art style is, i say "robots", which causes all the surrealists and expressionists to laugh at me and not let me join in their reindeer games. Even the Anime artists are allowed to join in. The only ones who like me are Dadaists and Lowbrow artists, but they smell funny and are naked half the time. (especially :iconalexpardee: )

halp me maek frands?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconfuyuko7:
Fuyuko7 Featured By Owner Dec 9, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
subject/matter isn't a style....
so you can't say that this person's drawing style is cats

Style more of what you're bad at etc....or do you use a lot of shadow etc
this might help:[link]
VelvetFish Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012  Student Filmographer
alas; i know subject matter isn't a drawing style. (it's why i'm asking what my style is)
Fuyuko7 Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
A person's habit
look at the link I sent you
i did.

(good link, btw. :) )
Fuyuko7 Featured By Owner Dec 11, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
:D
:iconyusakujon3:
YusakuJon3 Featured By Owner Dec 9, 2012  Hobbyist Artist
Very simple poses, sketchy outlines, with robot/charicature hybrids for a theme.  I wouldn't really try categorizing it, though I could make comparisions to artists like Bill Sinkiewicz or Geral Scarfe.

(Sinkiewicz is a comicbook artist who originally started out as a Neal Adams clone for Marvel Comics, penciling titles such as Moon Knight and Fantastic Four before developing his own inking style influenced by Scarfe, whose cartooning was seen in various magazines and most notably on the cover to Pink Floyd's album, The Wall.)
for sure. :)
:iconincandescentinsanity:
IncandescentInsanity Featured By Owner Dec 9, 2012  Student General Artist
Well I'm glad nobody ever asks me what my style is. If they ever did, I'd probably just say MINE. Screw anyone who thinks you need to have an established style
thanks, m8. :)
:iconisho13:
Isho13 Featured By Owner Dec 9, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Maybe you get that kind of reaction because 'robots' isn't a style, it's more of a theme. I think you won't find anyone who says they draw "dragon style". Their drawing theme is 'dragons', but from them their style could be realism, impressionism, cartoon, western comic style. etc. :nod:
Add a Comment: