Shop More Submit  Join Login

Details

Closed to new replies
December 8, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 5

Cash commission methods other than Paypal?

:iconnatsumehirai:
NatsumeHirai Featured By Owner Dec 8, 2012  Student General Artist
Hello, I was wondering... are there are any other ways of doing cash commissions without using Paypal? Right now, I'm having a little problem with Paypal atm. It refuses to accept the money from my bank account because they need more information. And I'm worried it might also apply problems to my customers as well. (Fortunately I don't have any right now lol) However, the only information I refuse to give is my proof of SSN. Which made me lose my trust with it a little. (okay well my family too, they're too secure with things ahaha)

Is credit/debit card or a check payment another good way? That's erm... pretty much all I can think of. ^^; If not, then I guess I'll have to start looking for a part time job. =u=;;

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconpuppy-dangerous:
puppy-dangerous Featured By Owner Dec 8, 2012  Professional Artisan Crafter
Well, if you have a bank account you can take checks. Or money orders.

But checks can bounce and money orders can be fake. Leaving you responsible for them.

To accept credit and debit cards without paypal you're going to need a business setup. You can get a reader for your phone and stuff, but you will pay a fee each time it is used. And I don't know how that would work for transactions online.

I've never had issues with paypal, nor has anyone I've talked to.
:iconfionacreates:
FionaCreates Featured By Owner Dec 8, 2012  Professional General Artist
I'd also look up etsy's TOS on service selling too.. I'm unsure so don't quote me for it.
I've seen some people sell services via Etsy.. but I can't recall what payment method Etsy uses...

Like the list an 'item' and a price like "I'll make a dress for you in any size and design for this ammount of money". As people also sell art there you might want to look up if people can list commissions there. Like I dunno if someone noted you on dA and you agreed it would be 30 dollars you could list a service at that cost for that person only to buy.
:iconpuppy-dangerous:
puppy-dangerous Featured By Owner Dec 8, 2012  Professional Artisan Crafter
Etsy uses your credit card. It applies selling fees and profits at the end of the month, minus the 35% cut for the site. So you don't want to agree on a price here then go through them, you'll lose a 3rd of your money.

They take paypal, credit card, and 'other' which I'll assume is electronic bank transfer kind of thing.
I was brainstorming. I know it takes a cut, but if you're being a bit desperate and picky then eh you'll look at anything XD

I personally use paypal.
Add a Comment: