December 8, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 44

Community Input Wanted - General Art Related Forum Stickies

:iconastralseed:
Astralseed Featured By Owner Dec 8, 2012  Professional General Artist
Hello all,
The Volunteer team is looking to revise some of the stickies in the forums and we'd love your input!

Since the General Art Related Forum often has users asking how they can get more exposure to their art we'd like to cover that in a sticky for people. So how do you gain exposure on deviantART? Do you have any tips or tricks that we can add to the list? What would you suggest to a new user who wanted more exposure? We appreciate any input you can give on this topic.

As mentioned above we are looking to update the stickies and our current sticky for this forum doesn't necessarily leave much to go by. Are there any things in particular you'd like to see changed in the main sticky (Forum Posting Guidelines) for the Art Related General Forum? All input on this is also greatly appreciated and will help shape the future sticky.

We look forward to hearing what you all have to say on these matters.
:blowkiss:

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconmattcombsart:
MattCombsArt Featured By Owner Dec 25, 2012
You Should make a stickie with tutorials for people. A lot of people ask "how do i do this? any good tutorials out there?...i know finding tutorials can be hard especially good ones. But i think if you have a stickie where... you can over time, add all the helpful tutorials to it, i think most people are after those. maybe break it down to different sections and have PERSPECTIVE,INKING,PAINTING,AIRBRUSHING the list can go on and on but i think having videos organized into different categories, that they can easily look through and find.
It would be a lot of work for that stickie but i think in the end that will help people out a ton. a gerneral art forum tutorial stickie.

Also maybe put this in there also......have a list of art related drawing books for people to get. to help them improve, figure drawing, gestures, ect.
:icontheblackbullets:
TheBlackBullets Featured By Owner Dec 13, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Defiantly a critque sticky.
Astralseed Featured By Owner Dec 18, 2012  Professional General Artist
:thumbsup:
:iconstarlit-sorceress:
Starlit-Sorceress Featured By Owner Dec 12, 2012  Professional Artisan Crafter
What about a sticky for:
"I'm working on a project and I'd like you to click this link and tell me what you think of it."
I see those topics a lot.
Astralseed Featured By Owner Dec 13, 2012  Professional General Artist
Thanks for your input :)
:iconcrickatoo:
Crickatoo Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012  Student Digital Artist
So how do you gain exposure on deviantART?

:bulletblue: Share uploaded deviations on other social networking sites such as Facebook, Tumblr, Twitter etc.
:bulletblue: Participate in, or host contests!
:bulletblue: Use the search to find other artists that have similar tastes, talk to them, make friends! :D It goes a long way and can help you improve your artwork a lot :D
:bulletblue: Participate in groups
:bulletblue: The Thumbshare forum!
:bulletblue: Always do your best, and strive to improve.
Astralseed Featured By Owner Dec 14, 2012  Professional General Artist
Great tips, thanks for sharing!
:iconebonsong:
Ebonsong Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012
Coolness. I like stickies that help new folks out.

My tip would be for a new member wanting some longer-term exposure is to treat others kindly and help with advice and/or time when you can. People do remember kindness and may give a friendly point to you in a journal/comment one day.
Astralseed Featured By Owner Dec 11, 2012  Professional General Artist
Great tip, thank you for your input!
:iconphoenixleo:
phoenixleo Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012
Yessss at last it's being considered!
Yay for notes and bless the others :')
Add a Comment: