Closed to new replies
December 7, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 9

HELP ME BECOME A DANCER! [very very long but PLEASE read!]

:iconpakichi:
pakichi Featured By Owner Dec 7, 2012
Okay.. First off hi everyone! Before you say "this is in the wrong section!" please read everything and tell me where YOU think I should re-post it... Because honestly I can think of 3 sections as to where this belongs. Sorry! ><

Anyways~
My name's Pakichi (on here), I'm 14 and I'm a young artist whose dream is to make it big in the dancing arts!

I LOVE dancing, I LOVE the way you can express your emotions and just feel the rhythm and beat through each bass note that would come along.

I will admit that I aspire to be a hip-hop choreographer/dancer. I haven't danced a day in my life except for many dance games on the Kinect for Xbox360. I've never had dance lessons.

Why? When I was first born I was born 4 months early. I was a 1 1/2 lb baby and was incubated in the hospital for three months after birth. No one could physically touch me for 3 months. My mother and father were only allowed a certain amount of time to talk to me in a glass box and tell me that they were parents. The doctors didn't believe I would live. Later I was considered a "miracle baby".

But with my premature birth came horrific consequences. I had horrible horrible asthma. I had to breath through a machine when I had an attack or I would taken into the hospital for atleast 3 weeks to be treated.

Around age 4 my mother told me I grew out of my asthma. That was also the age of when my father had left us. Now at this time I wasn't an only child. Oh no, I had an older sister.

Now the story continues... a single mother, with a 4 year old and a 13 year old. Living in New Jersey. Barely making it by.

And then we moved. And moved. And moved. And moved. Until 5 years later we made it too where I currently live in the USA.

We've been living here since I was 9. Still a single mother. Still an 8 year age difference older sister. And still the same old me.

Oh but there is something I began getting interested in... Art! I had been drawing since I was at the age of 8. I never drew stick figures the way people drew them though. I gave the hair small way textures, drew the arms so that they'd be bent at a 90 degree angle, and always had clothes on them.

Then I discovered manga in 6th grade. It was something a teacher pointed out that a female student was reading. As soon as I saw the cover something sparked in my head and I was instantly interested! I thought it was so cool, and amazing and I had to find out where I could get some! That female student became my best friend. We talked throughout the whole year and became very close and went to birthday parties and talked on the phone almost everyday after school. And I actually met my other best friend through her too!

Then... she moved. I still have her number but.. she's moved so many times ever since I don't know if she's gotten a new number or if she's just ignoring me for no particular reason at all. I mean I still have the other best friend that I met through her and now we're basically sisters (at least-- I consider us like that. her.. not so much) but I always tend to think back and say to myself "Wow.. I would've never gotten this far or found my true interest without her... thank you"

So then... my "new" best friend showed me a new style of art that believe it or not I never. ever. seen before. Dancing. Now I've heard of ballet, but at the time I never new there were other styles. The style I was introduced too is known as "Hip-Hop". (And then it was another year later that I found out that there was even MORE styles such as Contemporary, Jazz, etc etc) So the dancer I was shown was a female Choreographer by the name of "Chachi Gonzales" she was amazing. She was adorable. She was so "Swag"! She was only 15. I... was 12.

I was obsessed after. I looked up all her videos. Tried to look like her. Tried to act like her. But then I realized something... I wanted to dance like her.

But... how could I? I used to love too dance when I was younger! But then I became more shy and girly as I got older and lost interest in it. But then when I was shown Chachi I became instantly inspired again! I was thirsting to learn the technique. To learn how to express yourself without ever speak. To learn to be free without actually making sacrifices. To learn the art that is Dance.

And then I realized something else.... I'm broke.

+++

So now my story has come to an end and two years later I still haven't accomplished this desire. I'm now 14, an artist, and trying to raise enough money to get into a dance studio that is an hour away from my home.

I will need a huge amount of funds in order to keep these lessons as the truth is my mother cannot afford to pay for them and since I am not old enough to have a job neither can I.

:bulletred::bulletred::bulletred:A yearly deposit is about $75 dollars alone. Each month is an additional $88 just so I can come in 3 days a week..

So I do hope you can all catch my drift at the moment and understand my crisis!

:bulletblack::bulletyellow::bulletblack::bulletyellow::bulletblack:PLEASE NOTE ME IF YOU HAVE ANY FURTHER QUESITONS OR WOULD LIKE TO BUY MY ART!

I would love it if you could check out my gallery or possibly adopt any of the pieces that are below!

I am always ALWAYS up for a donation!

I AM VERY SORRY FOR ANY BAD ENGLISH! I AM LEARNING THE SPANISH LANGUAGE IN SCHOOL AND FOR SOME REASON MY ENGLISH HAS BEEN MESSED UP/GOTTEN CONFUSED/CONFUSING SINCE I STARTED LEARNING IT.

Devious Comments

:icon3wyl:
3wyl Featured By Owner Dec 8, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
Please read the Forum Posting Guidelines before posting as this does not encourage discussion and should be in your journal. :)

FAQ #801: Are there any rules for the Forums?

:lock:
:iconnarutokunobessed:
narutokunobessed Featured By Owner Dec 7, 2012  Student General Artist
Actually, this story would be better suited in Job offers. Despite your good intentions, its still advertising for you to get income.

And I don't know if peps really have short attention spans. Homestuck as the Ulysees of the internet seems a bigger challenge then reading this thing. Though you might try to keep it short just in case.

I don't believe for a second that you don't need schooling. While you don't have to go to an expesive dance class and graduate with a degree, you can take classes and still learn to dance. There alot of artist who did got to school for some education background and there are some who didn't. Im thinking also, back then, we can't learn totally by ourself. At one point, we learned through a masters/servant, and groups of peoples.
:icondefor:
DeFor Featured By Owner Dec 7, 2012  Student
Have you looked for free dance lessons? They have them in parks around here. Also at some events, and the colleges sometimes have one-off or week long classes that are open to anyone.
I'm sure you could find tons of resources online, or you could just try dancing.
:iconthisismyboat:
thisismyboat Featured By Owner Dec 7, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
I know you're young, but I just wanted to say for future reference if you're doing something like this (asking for commissions to fund a certain cause), don't spend a bunch of time explaining your life story. People on the internet have short attention spans. All you really needed to say was "I'm fourteen, my family doesn't have a lot of money, I'd love to learn to dance, if you buy my art the money will go towards my dance classes". The life story thing works well on tv because people are already invested in the story. On the internet, imagine everyone's going "Yes, and?". Write for that audience.
Okay thank you! I know it was super long and probably really boring it's just I know that on the internet majority of people think that short stories are big lies and don't care so I really wanted to prove my point that I can't afford it without help. But I will remember your advice!
:iconnoctudelic:
Noctudelic Featured By Owner Dec 7, 2012  Student General Artist
You don't need a school for any kind of art. Just passion :)
It's not really a school, it's just lessons. (:
:iconpuppy-dangerous:
puppy-dangerous Featured By Owner Dec 7, 2012  Professional Artisan Crafter
All this text belongs in your journal.

Your add belongs in job services.

Check with the studio about scholarships.
Thank you but I've made numerous journals and I wanted to spread it a little further then my followers. Also I'll re-post it there.
Add a Comment: