Details

Closed to new replies
December 7, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 7

Lost Pictures

:iconstxl87:
i drew and colored a pic on the computer yesterday, spent about an hour on it, i was on someone elses computer who wasnt around at the time. i completed the picture and was satisfieed with it. when i went to save it, there turned out to be a ton of things wrong with the computer and i couldnt save the picture. this really sucked, i was gonna upload it to this site.

there is another picture i drew by hand on paper a few years ago and i really liked it, it was one of my favorites, but somewhere along the line i lost the drawing.

anyone else have any "lost pictures?"

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconvineris:
Vineris Dec 7, 2012  Professional Traditional Artist
Oh, hundreds. I don't even remember most of them any more. Probably just as well, one consequence of improving is that one realizes that all one's old stuff sucked.
:iconpuppy-dangerous:
puppy-dangerous Dec 7, 2012  Professional Artisan Crafter
Oh, man, I had one that pissed me off so much. I worked on it for a long time, it was really cool. I was excited about showing it off and printing it out.

I don't know what I did, or if I just had gremlins or something, I though I saved it as a .psd but after I saved it and tried to open it again all I got was a message that 'the file is not compatible with this version of photoshop'.

Apparently the file is not 'compatible' with any art program. Any PROGRAM for that matter.

WTF. Still have the damn thing saved somewhere. In hopes that I will figure out a way to open it again.
wow, that sounds like it really sucks. you actually have the file, but it just cant be opened, so its like its just there taunting and teasing you.

good luck with that.
:icon1jkeithj:
1JKeithJ Dec 7, 2012
E Yes I also tend to rip pages out of my sketchbook if I'm dissatisfied with the drawing. Looking back on that now I really wish I didn't because I had some really cool ideas. Can't change the past I guess.
:icon1jkeithj:
1JKeithJ Dec 7, 2012
That capital E shouldn't be there dA really needs an edit button.
i agree about the edit button.

yeah, i think i find it better to save everything no matter how worthless it may seem, it could always be an interesting idea for later.
Add a Comment: