Closed to new replies
December 7, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 67

Female body vs. Male body

:iconiratheiv:
IRAtheIV Featured By Owner Dec 7, 2012   Traditional Artist
Which is more beautiful? Most of the time its the opposite sex, and generally it is viewed that female body is much softer and it was made to be beautiful, while male body was made to function. But the muscles on male body are as beautiful as the curves of the female. SO what do you think?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconkirstiethecatlady:
KirstieTheCatLady Featured By Owner Dec 22, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
I rather the female body but the male torsos can be rather interesting.
:icondamaimikaz:
DamaiMikaz Featured By Owner Dec 21, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I like both.
I like the soft, feminine features that make women look so sweet. But I like the male body for it's visible strength ^^
:iconpyxelle-art:
Pyxelle-art Featured By Owner Dec 20, 2012
This varies from individual to individual (I don't mean the preferences, I mean the individual being looked at). I've seen some guys that are more aesthetically pleasing than some girls, and vis versa. Plus, in terms of reality, I don't see it as a strict dichotomy where men = muscle and women = curves.
:iconzingam:
Zingam Featured By Owner Dec 20, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
OMG... How can the muscles of a male be as beautiful as the curves of a female :D You don't mean a gay male, who looks more feminine and better than a female :D

A real man and a real woman are not the same species of animals. :D
:iconsabhira:
Sabhira Featured By Owner Dec 20, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
Men and women are both members of the same species. WTF are you talking about?
Zingam Featured By Owner Dec 21, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
What species?
Sabhira Featured By Owner Dec 21, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
Homo Sapiens. :|
Zingam Featured By Owner Dec 22, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
That animal died long time ago. These days men are just Sus scrofa domesticus :D and females :D they come from a large variety of species :D :D :D :P
:iconwolfcho:
Wolfcho Featured By Owner Dec 20, 2012
The male body of course. We are mammals after all. Is there anythin about the female of the species that isn't related to producing and nurtring babies? No there isn't. Would you ever say a lioness is better looking than the lion. No, you won't.
:icondewolfie:
DeWolfie Featured By Owner Dec 12, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
There's no difference in how bodies function (Excluded veginas and breasts), both have muscels that works the same, it's only how where the fat gathers. For male, fat gathers mostly around the waist and belly area while woman's fat gathers are more or less spread out all over their bodies, primarly around their thighs, however it's this even spread of fat that gives women their nicer curves (If they have an okey weight that is).
Wow :D There is a huge difference how male and female body functions :D Are you a biologist or something or you just haven't listened to your biology teacher well enough ;)
Sabhira Featured By Owner Dec 21, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
Not really. The major bodily systems work the same way in both sexes. The only difference is in the reproductive system.
Zingam Featured By Owner Dec 22, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Which makes for the huge difference ;)

Even if you take two persons of the same sex, they are not quite the same. That's why these days pharmacy researchers speak about personalized medicines through advancements in genetics.
:icondewolfie:
DeWolfie Featured By Owner Dec 20, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Discovery channel ;) Back when it wasn't so much about mythbusters and so on.
:iconkizziesama:
Kizziesama Featured By Owner Dec 12, 2012
Both are beautiful, for different reasons, as you've pointed out. The human body, in generally, is lovely :aww:
:iconsaintartaud:
saintartaud Featured By Owner Dec 11, 2012  Professional General Artist
Your statement about male vs. female bodies carries the usual assumption that women are just objects of beauty to be looked at and men are the ones that do stuff. That's an outmoded point of view that needs to be done away with IMO. And anyway ALL bodies are made to function. I mean, what do you think are breasts and vaginas for, really?

My general stance on this is that both male and female bodies are beautiful or just interesting. I'm more attracted to male bodies, but there are lots of male bodies that don't conform to my personal tastes, yet still have interesting/beautiful features. I've also drawn women who fell outside the norms of female beauty, yet were still interesting to draw.
:iconblack-allison:
Black-Allison Featured By Owner Dec 11, 2012
generally it is viewed that female body is much softer and it was made to be beautiful, while male body was made to function.
Last time I checked my vagina is a self-cleaning receptacle for genetic material and my uterus an incubator for soon to be born babies so I have no fucking clue what are you talking about.
:iconmattcombsart:
MattCombsArt Featured By Owner Dec 20, 2012
rofl! :)
:iconworkoutprogress:
workoutprogress Featured By Owner Dec 9, 2012   Photographer
I think our culture makes women out to be hot shit so they can sell more stuff to men by objectifying women. And then a lot of guys have massive homophobic insecurity so we don't even change in the same locker rooms anymore.
IRAtheIV Featured By Owner Dec 9, 2012   Traditional Artist
BTW you can take a look at my photo feature based on this theme
IRAtheIV Featured By Owner Dec 9, 2012   Traditional Artist
:iconsspirate:
SSPirate Featured By Owner Dec 9, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
I generally find more masculine bodies and faces to be more aesthetically pleasing, but that isn't to say I don't appreciate the female form. :shrug:
:iconvelvetfish:
VelvetFish Featured By Owner Dec 9, 2012  Student Filmographer
I'm hetero, and i find the female figure very appealing and very attractive. that being said, the male figure is also beautiful.

however, i also take into consideration imperfections. (wrinkles, excess fat, ect.)

conclusion: robots. :iconrobotplz:
IRAtheIV Featured By Owner Dec 11, 2012   Traditional Artist
with the topic of imperfections and wrinkles, it seems to me that age takes beauty from women so much more than from men, to men age sometimes even brings more charisma
VelvetFish Featured By Owner Dec 11, 2012  Student Filmographer
unless they grow a beer belly and lose hair, and get all wrinkly.

(not all guys age like George Clooney or Sean Connery)
IRAtheIV Featured By Owner Dec 12, 2012   Traditional Artist
I dont really like george clooney and Sean Connery, Im more Dumbledore anf Gandalf type of geneofil
VelvetFish Featured By Owner Dec 12, 2012  Student Filmographer
orly?

wait till you see 'em with their robes off and their saggy bits halfway down.
IRAtheIV Featured By Owner Dec 12, 2012   Traditional Artist
arousing :P
:iconnarutokunobessed:
narutokunobessed Featured By Owner Dec 8, 2012  Student General Artist
Well for everyone, if you notice, beauty is a bit subjective and I find it that way too. Everyone find something more attractive then the other. Its pretty much preference thing.

What do you mean soft? Both bodies are made for a certain function. Females are the reproductive ones, which is why they got boobs and ovaries, to make the baby, and a slight modification of bone structure. Males are just strong and build to provide the woman. Of course, females can provide too.

I mostly find beauty in male, since well its kind of natural in most of this culture (even though there are gay rights and everything). I feel its alot more easy to draw because the male is pretty constructive, while the female requires more curves.
:iconcnids:
Cnids Featured By Owner Dec 8, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I prefer the male form, I find it more interesting and I don't feel obligated to make it attractive like I do the female. Mostly I'm just kind of bored of seeing attractive women because they're near ubiquitous.
:iconlili-exec:
LILI-exec Featured By Owner Dec 8, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I dunno about you guys, but....

I like both, so they both win! :iconallthethingsplz:
:icontwostriptechnicolor:
TwoStripTechnicolor Featured By Owner Dec 8, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
To paraphrase Elaine Benes from Seinfeld....
The female body is a work of art.... the male body is utilitarian, it's made to get around, it's like a jeep.

(At least as far as the way I depict them anyway)
:iconmiraveldi:
Miraveldi Featured By Owner Dec 8, 2012
I just like beautiful people. Doesn't matter what gender they are.
:iconcapilair:
Capilair Featured By Owner Dec 8, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
Ive always thought female bodies are far superior in the aesthetic sense BUT recently ive developed an affection for the male anatomy aswell! It has this ragged charm to it, sort of.. Adams apples are like the sexiest things ive ever seen
:icondannyovt:
dannyovt Featured By Owner Dec 8, 2012
Am I the only one that sees curves in both the male and female body??? This "women have curves" phrase just never struck me as right as it sort of implies men don't. Yes women tend to have more dramatic curves due to their breasts and larger pelvis and hips, but men have curves as well. The only men I have seen with straight lines are those of the cartoon variety. My human figure class all men had curves, perhaps not as dramatic as a females, but they had them. The chest structure is curved, the belly is curved (even with stone hard abs, since the abs tend to be round), the glutes are curved... hell most muscles tend to be. Ok some jaw lines might be a straight line, but thats it... the human form is ORGANIC.

Sorry for the rant :x. Anyways I think both types are beautiful and share more similarities than differences.
:iconstrangemass:
Strangemass Featured By Owner Dec 7, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Like everything to do with art; it's subjective. Personally I find the human form beautiful, full stop.

P.S. Both the male and female bodies are functional. I don't know what exactly you were trying to convey with that little remark, but it was nonsensical. :v
:icontoshi13go:
toshi13go Featured By Owner Dec 7, 2012
in sense of design the male body is definitely beautiful, but from a aesthetic view point i'd definitely have to say the female body.hmm...:nod:
:iconms-junesummers:
Ms-JuneSummers Featured By Owner Dec 7, 2012  Student Writer
I appreciate male beauty, but I think the female body is certainly easier to draw well.
Easier != more beautiful :P
:iconhoubledelix:
HoubleDelix Featured By Owner Dec 7, 2012
I think it's impossible to say given the variety of male and female bodies. If we say the female body was made to be beautiful, are we counting bodybuilders, athletes, couch potatoes, tall people, dwarfs, etc. under the same definition of beauty? And what about the beautiful men? Not all men are functional are they? Can people be both? If we limit the discussion to "male body" versus "female body" then each person's opinion is either too vague or everyone's thinking about an absurdly specific body shape and disregarding all the others. Either way we can't settle on a workable answer to your question.

I'm sorry for the rant. There are billions of bodies and they all have some beauty to them, depending on what you're looking for.
IRAtheIV Featured By Owner Dec 8, 2012   Traditional Artist
I understand your point. I meant that male are better athletes so from the sports point of view they are more functional(yes women can be also athlete but in most areas men are generaly better)
:iconhoubledelix:
HoubleDelix Featured By Owner Dec 8, 2012
I guess so. I haven't drawn a lot of people but I generally gravitate towards muscular men and slim women, though that sounds really stereotypical for some reason.

On the other hand, I drew a muscular guy with a crocodile's jaw for legs. Maybe men are more fun when they have odd body parts.
:iconphoenixleo:
phoenixleo Featured By Owner Dec 7, 2012
while male body was made to function

What was the female body made for then?
:iconvineris:
Vineris Featured By Owner Dec 7, 2012  Professional Traditional Artist
Wait... the female body wasn't made to function? What the heck is up with all these internal organs then? If I'm just there to be looked at can I sell all the bits people can't see?
:icontetchist:
Tetchist Featured By Owner Dec 7, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
what's the point of determining which sex is "more beautiful"? this just sounds like a really stupid way to open up one sex to a lot of unwarranted hatred.

this is about as useful and worthwhile as trying to determine which race is "most intelligent". as soon as you get your 'answer', you're dooming an enormous amount of people to being the target of derision and insult.
:iconstrangemass:
Strangemass Featured By Owner Dec 7, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Do you nurse sick puppies back to health too? MONSTER.
:iconforevercty:
foreverCTY Featured By Owner Dec 7, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Female, just because I know how to draw curves well and I find that easier to do when I draw females. Has nothing to do with sexual preference, I think. I'm fairly sure I'm a straight girl.
:iconxkessx:
xKESSx Featured By Owner Dec 7, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
I LOVE the female anatomy

Females is my vote

Not saying anything bad against the male body or anything, I just love females more lol
:iconkyteglory:
KyteGlory Featured By Owner Dec 7, 2012
I prefer the athleticism of the male body. The female form is adjusted to babymaking, which has absolutely no appeal to me.
80-90% of the males have nothing to do with athleticism :D m/f?
Add a Comment: