Closed to new replies
December 6, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 14

How to remove Indian ink from paper?

:iconsnarfang:
Snarfang Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I have almost completed my school art that's due next week but some white and black indian ink has dripped onto the paper(in the back round luckily :D )
Is there ANY way to remove it without buying ink remover or covering it over with paint? Iv'e tried but it's still so obvious since I cant mix paint the same color.
I have suggestions of adding a wash over the back round or shading but I was hoping to remove or hide it completely...
Any help is so much appreciated :)

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconmattcombsart:
MattCombsArt Featured By Owner Dec 7, 2012
Is the paper white. You can use thin layers of white out to hide it. Can you post a link to the image so we can see what your exactly talking about.
:iconpuppy-dangerous:
puppy-dangerous Featured By Owner Dec 7, 2012  Professional Artisan Crafter
You have two options- cover it or work around it.

Personally, when I make mistakes I just alter the art so it looks like it belongs there.

You can't actually get rid of it. The best you can do is either paint or fix some paper over it. You'll be able to tell it was messed with, though.
:iconcinderblockstudios:
CinderBlockStudios Featured By Owner Dec 7, 2012  Professional Traditional Artist
India ink is permanent, you'd have to cover it up with something or find a way to work it into your composition.
:iconredmarlin:
redmarlin Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012
You don't.
:iconsnarfang:
Snarfang Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
So I should just paint over it then?
:iconredmarlin:
redmarlin Featured By Owner Dec 7, 2012
Pretty much.
:iconfionacreates:
FionaCreates Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012  Professional General Artist
If it's just round the back does it matter?

Because all the 'fixes' will quite probably ruin the paper for something that is all the way round the back and then you'll ruin what's on the front for no reason.
:iconfriendlyhand:
FriendlyHand Featured By Owner Dec 7, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
"Background" I think.
:iconfriendlyhand:
FriendlyHand Featured By Owner Dec 7, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
whoops! nevermind. this has been discussed already.
Add a Comment: