Closed to new replies
December 6, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 19

I need some opinion

:iconphm-productions:
PHM-Productions Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
I've been thinking on the way I draw, and was wondering if it's noticable to others that I don't use any sort of planning or skeletal structure when it comes to drawing? If it is noticable, what are your thoughts as far as the anatomy?

Thanks~

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconvineris:
Vineris Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012  Professional Traditional Artist
Yes, it's totally obvious that you don't use any sort of underdrawing or planning, because if you did, you wouldn't draw a guy wearing a cap which is smaller than his skull.
oh yeah.. always been bad at hats~ hahaha.
:iconshininginthedarkness:
shininginthedarkness Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012
I think the proportions do in fact look off. And everyone's a bit stiff. You'd really benefit from some study in the arm/shoulder department.
I shall keep that in mind, and thanks for your input~
:iconmiasmic-mind:
miasmic-mind Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012
yah i can notice it. but for somebody that doesn't use it i would say it's better than others i've seen that don't use it. anatomy can be fun to study though. definetly worth it to look into it. and i would agree with rovanna that they do look balanced.
Thanks a lot~
:iconrovanna:
Rovanna Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012   Digital Artist
Yes, the people look a little 'flat' especially when they are in different poses.
Thanks for the reply~ ok, so how's proportion of the body? If you feel they look 'flat' what would you recommend to remedy it?
:iconrovanna:
Rovanna Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012   Digital Artist
The proportions are fine, they are cartoony, but look balanced.

You may not like my answer, but I suggest learning life drawing, and drawing real people from ferences. That's how all pro anime artists and cartoonists learn about the human body. It will help you to see the human body as a 3D form and will make your poses look more natural. :)
Well that's good to know~

Naw~ your answer is fine, and I asked for it :) If I couldn't handle some constructive criticism it would be dumb to expose myself to it~ I suppose you're right, and I'll give it a try. I usually draw off my knowledge of the body(head, neck, shoulders, so on and so forth), and usually make the pose as I go along. Thanks again for your opinion~
Add a Comment: