Closed to new replies
December 6, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 9

Help with a drawing please

:iconkeriuri:
Keriuri Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012
I am requesting advice on a particular drawing.
This one: [link]

I am having issues with anatomy and perspective, though my anatomy is getting better I cant seem to the perspective right.

What I was wondering is how to make the tree on the platform not look so out of place with the girl and the waterfall in the background. Any advice? Please?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconfishphan10m:
fishphan10m Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012
Hmmm.... I think her shoulder's aren't wide enough (you might know the old drawing trick that your chest/shoulder area are 3 heads wide and that the arm span is one's height). Her head is only 2 1/2 wide. Her body looks natural (awesome job!). And I like how the tree roots in the background climb down the wall and the subtle brick pattern is great too. The perspective looks fine and will influence how you color it. Overall, I think it looks great.
:iconkatara-alchemist:
Katara-Alchemist Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012  Student General Artist
One thing that I notice right off is that the lines of the girl are lighter than the rest, which instantly draws my eye away from the girl. This isn't to much of a problem if you're going to color it though.
This will be colored. I wanted to get the actual lines correct before I start coloring. Its to much of a pain to fix afterwards. :)
:iconkatara-alchemist:
Katara-Alchemist Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012  Student General Artist
:nod:
:iconzingam:
Zingam Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Maybe you should try first do to more perspective and anatomy exercises and then do full drawings. :) I got a similar advice recently too.
I am doing that as well but this is for a contest and I need help finding my errors in it. I am tired of losing points for perspective and anatomy.
:iconweremole:
weremole Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
Well, the platform the tree is on is viewed more from above than the rest.
I updated the Image with the platform corrected. Thanks for pointing the problem out. :XD:
Thats why it looks weird! Thanks I just couldnt figure out why it looked wrong. Ok must adjust that. Thanks so much for pointing that out.
Add a Comment: