Closed to new replies
December 5, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 7

2 vanishing points, in reverse?

:icondraconicparagon:
DraconicParagon Featured By Owner Dec 5, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I am stumped on a project I am doing. I drew this image of a building based off of a picture I printed off. Now, to add to the building I need to find the 2 vanishing points to make everything accurate. I am struggling to do so. Help?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconpuppy-dangerous:
puppy-dangerous Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012  Professional Artisan Crafter
Maybe show us the picture?
DraconicParagon Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
After a few hours of messing around I think I finally got it, but I had to attach like three large pieces of paper to make the vanishing points meet on the horizon line, oy vey *facepalm*
:iconnarrenzauber:
Narrenzauber Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012
Normally you add the vanishing points before you start. It makes everything easier and you won't make mistakes.

Have you drawn guide lines on the print? So you could see where the vanishing points are on the original and than you can see where these points should be on your drawing.
DraconicParagon Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
After a few hours of messing around I think I finally got it, but I had to attach like three large pieces of paper to make the vanishing points meet on the horizon line, oy vey *facepalm*
I did that but found multiple lines intersecting. I am struggling to see where the horizon line is. My problem is that the picture is on a large piece of paper... so I think the vanishing points are going to be VEEEEERY long... *facepalm*
:iconkatara-alchemist:
Katara-Alchemist Featured By Owner Dec 5, 2012  Student General Artist
Take a ruler and draw lines from the different sides of the building and see where they intersect.
I did that but found multiple lines intersecting. I am struggling to see where the horizon line is. My problem is that the picture is on a large piece of paper... so I think the vanishing points are going to be VEEEEERY long... *facepalm*
Add a Comment: