Closed to new replies
December 5, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 7

Help with Printing?

:iconchibi-neechan:
Chibi-Neechan Featured By Owner Dec 5, 2012
So I'm not sure if anybody else has this problem, but none of the pictures I draw come out looking even halfway decent when they're printed out. (I have an Inkjet of some variety) Photographs always look brilliant, not a single bit of discoloration, exactly how they appear on screen, so why are my drawings subject to this torture? If I took them to Kinkos or Staples would they come out looking better or am I just doing something wrong...? I draw everything on Photoshop Elements, and I've converted some of the items to CYMK but it doesn't help at all. Whenever I change the colours to look right when they print out the whole piece loses its charm. I could really use some non hateful help ^^

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:icontakemakei:
TakemaKei Featured By Owner Dec 5, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
and also the fact that you need to convert your stuff to cmyk if you want to print them. that is compulsory =)
Yeah, I did that but it didn't help at all. I was really bummed out. D: I'm going to try the calibration thing when I get my printer back online.
your monitor needs calibration. Professionals use a machine to help calibrate the monitor. For others, there are calibration softwares that help guide you to calibrating your monitor.
I had to do that when i was working on a project and turn out my monitor was very bright. so whatever printed out turn out really dark.
So it wouldn't be anything with the program, then? Because regular photographs print out fine. (I'll look into this method either way, anything to get this to work right.)
Photographs are taken with a camera, and the color information are stored in the picture itself. so unless u make color changes on it on the computer through your monitor, it will look exactly the same.

If making art through a monitor that is not calibrated properly, what u see on the monitor may be different what it actually is. a calibrated monitor meas that whatever is shown on the screen == whatever is printed out.
Okay, that makes a lot of sense. Thanks a lot! I'll try to get it calibrated.
no problem ^^
I'm sharing my experiences XD
good luck!
Add a Comment: