Closed to new replies
December 4, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 3

Best Place to have a Webcomic?

:icontoxic-tammy:
Toxic-Tammy Featured By Owner Dec 4, 2012  Hobbyist Filmographer
I'm currently working on my webcomic series and I'm wondering if ComicFury ([link]) is a good place to host my webcomics? I recently found out about ComicFury when I was looking at another webcomic(My Roomie the Dark Lord - [link]) which had Comicfury hosting it.

But I was also considering of either using WordPress with the ComicPress theme since many webcomics use ComicPress OR using my Blogspot blogs to host my webcomics since I saw a different webcomic using blogspot(Adventures of Superhero Girl - [link])

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:icontheartofcbyoung:
TheArtOfCBYoung Featured By Owner Dec 4, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
So long as I can easily navigate through a site, I don't care where a comic is hosted. Most comics I've seen on blogs can be a pain to follow. call me lazy, but I want to be able to click a button and see the next page, not have to sort through various blog posts, or scroll backwards down a page trying to figure out what goes where.

I started my web comic earlier this month, and have been using Comic Fury to host it, and I really like it so far. It's pretty easy to use, and the forum community is one of the friendlier that I have come across on the internet.
:iconsiantjudas:
siantjudas Featured By Owner Dec 4, 2012   Digital Artist
IDK, based on your work, anywhere that will host you would be a plus.
:iconfionacreates:
FionaCreates Featured By Owner Dec 4, 2012  Professional General Artist
I went about answering this very same question by thinking of myself as a reader. What format do I like, and which comics do I remember the URL to and which do I go "damn I wish I could remember that."

In general I find that I prefer comics hosted on a site dedicated to that comic, but that does not stop me also posting on dA and linking in from my blog and facebook and anywhere else.

In the end what would be easiest for readers? Do you like reading things on ComicFury? Do you like reading them in a blog format? Is it cumbersome will it put readers off if they can't navigate and find your work?
Add a Comment: