Details

Closed to new replies
December 4, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 5

BackPack for Artists

:icongryan11:
Hi so Im getting ready to transfer to an art school and won't be taking my car so I need to get a back pack for school since I'll be walking a lot more, does any one know of any good brands for art students? like I need it to be spacious enough for textbooks a drawing tablet and a 15in macbook, as well as various art supplies.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconfionacreates:
FionaCreates Dec 4, 2012  Professional General Artist
When I was at art school I used a satchel, I still do, because a satchels natural shape is squared so it doesn't crush your books and sketchbooks. It also fit my eee in it just fine.

I also used a builders toolbox, the kind you can get from a DIY store, to keep my art supplies in. It had a convinent handle, various compartments and a little hole for a padlock if I was leaving it somewhere. It was also plastic so if some paint leaked or such it wasn't a problem. Keeping my supplies separate from my actual artwork. I still store a lot of my supplies in it, it's a fabulous contraption.

The main thing is if you have to travel by walking you need a bag that will be comfortable. A satchel can be pretty heavy just on the one shoulder, but I coped with the walk for the convenience of satchel shape XD
Thanks i forgot about those and i one strapped for most od highschool so im use to the weight and i also use a toolbox for my larger supplies :D
:iconfionacreates:
FionaCreates Dec 5, 2012  Professional General Artist
I like a toolbox because if at the end of the day I still had wet brushes it didn't matter because the box was plastic and I had none of my art in it, so I wasn't ruining anything by dumping my wet brushes in it. It was a studio in a box.
:iconphoenixleo:
You can try the ones on dA's store maybe.
i was considering it thanks
Add a Comment: