Deviant Login Shop
 Join deviantART for FREE Take the Tour

Details

Closed to new replies
December 4, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 5

How do you ink on top of non-photo blue pencil?

:iconrocmegamanx:
RocMegamanX Featured By Owner Dec 4, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Moreover, how are you able to see non-photo blue pencil, especially since you may need to sketch as light as possible just in case you make a mistake and need to erase?

I'm not sure if you're able to even use it with a light box/light table.

It's just something that bothers me.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconstormslegacy:
Stormslegacy Featured By Owner Dec 5, 2012  Professional General Artist
I ink right on top, and sometimes even color right on top because the eye just ignores it. I like it because i find I'm looser and more creative witht he blue.
:iconpuppy-dangerous:
puppy-dangerous Featured By Owner Dec 5, 2012  Professional Artisan Crafter
Blue pencils are used because photocopiers didn't used to pick up blue. This way you didn't have to worry about your sketches showing through.

Now, we don't photocopy our pages anymore, we scan them. This means you can pick whatever color you want to sketch with, as long as it's different enough so you can tell your computer to ignore it.

If you are using a light table, why don't you just put your sketch under your paper and draw right over it? That's what I used to do, I just inked straight onto the paper. That way it's a total non-issue.
:iconnarutokunobessed:
narutokunobessed Featured By Owner Dec 5, 2012  Student General Artist
You can use a light box just to make sure its cleaner and if you need to reproduce.

But its just easier to draw on top of the blue pencil, and then use photoshop or a image editor to remove more of the blue (if it still shows up after scanning).
:iconkyteglory:
KyteGlory Featured By Owner Dec 4, 2012
You ink on top of non-photo blue pencil the same way that you ink on top of regular pencil. You just do it.

The whole point of non-photo blue is that it doesn't reproduce, so you don't have to worry about clean erasing. Just draw as darkly as you need to be able to see your lines, and if you can't erase it very well, who gives a shit? It'll disappear all the same when you repro.

Yes, you can use non-photoblue with a light table.
:iconant1-her0-project:
Ant1-Her0-Project Featured By Owner Dec 4, 2012  Professional Traditional Artist
I ink over my non-photo blue roughs. I love it. I've been using it for over fifteen years, so I'm fine-tuned to it. I sketch out the whole piece, and then I use an eraser to make it lighter where needed. Like anything, it just takes practice.
Add a Comment: