Closed to new replies
December 2, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 13

No creative drive

:iconvampiricedge:
vampiricedge Featured By Owner Dec 2, 2012
Hi, I am an inspiring artist. Or I used to be, now i'm more so of a inspiring photographer. That's really my passion. But I don't really have too much time or locations or models, or money with working the schedule I do. That being said I don't want to be working forever. I want to be out and making my own money so I don't have to work.

I would like to draw more so that I can maybe make money like from commish and t-shirts and whatnot just whatever I can get my hands on and be able to make side money to self sustaining money from it to support my photography and life. But the problem is I don't really like to draw, nor am I really inspired in a way to do so.

I've drawn all my life and just recently within the last few years switched to photography. I'm just asking to all the other artists out there for some helpful words of advice and what you do to stay inspired or how you get inspired?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

vampiricedge Featured By Owner Dec 3, 2012
These are good ideas, thanks.
:iconnarutokunobessed:
narutokunobessed Featured By Owner Dec 3, 2012  Student General Artist
Oh yea, what I mean goals, is being more specifc then just becoming a great artists.
:iconnarutokunobessed:
narutokunobessed Featured By Owner Dec 3, 2012  Student General Artist
Setting goals is one way to get inspired.
:iconblackrosekane89:
Blackrosekane89 Featured By Owner Dec 2, 2012  Professional General Artist
You may just need to change what you draw. If you're becoming passionate about photography, maybe try drawing your own photos.
:iconxkessx:
xKESSx Featured By Owner Dec 2, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
I don't really force my drive, my mind is always on auto pilot because I honestly love to draw and such,

Inspiration just comes to me whenever i do anything, I've woken up in the middle of the night just because i thought of something I want to draw

If you need to find inspiration though, you could try music, games, walking outside and enjoying the sky/view , whatever lol
:iconerspears:
erspears Featured By Owner Dec 2, 2012  Professional
You're confusing "inspiring" with "aspiring". You're an aspiring artist, not an inspiring artist. There's nothing inspirational about someone complaining about how they have no motivation.

;)
Yea thanks. I'm not complaining i'm simply asking for some feed back and advice. There is also nothing inspiring about comment that lends not help at all.
erspears Featured By Owner Dec 2, 2012  Professional
I'm not really here to help. ;)
Then why comment. Go bother someone else thanks.
erspears Featured By Owner Dec 3, 2012  Professional
To point out that you're misusing the word "inspiring", and that the word you're looking for is "aspiring". Or was that unclear?
Add a Comment: